39. Trials of Hope

On the third week of my vacation, I was in Baguio with Sovran. He introduced me to his family who started to become close to him. They realized that he's the treasure and not the money that they are earning.

They liked me and asked for another visit. I promised them to come next week.

"Eeeeek!"

Sovran and I were walking at a park when we heard a woman's scream from nearby and saw that people were running. We followed them until they stopped in front of a bank.

'Lush DNV Bank'

"Sovran..." I tapped on his shoulder without removing my eyes on the name of the bank where the event is happening.

" I tapped on his shoulder without removing my eyes on the name of the bank where the event is happening

"Shit." Sovran frowned and pulled me to the center where the people are gathered. He quickly brought out his phone and called an emergency.

A beautiful lady wearing the bank's uniform is lying in front of the tall building's entrance. I look up trying to find where she might have come from.

"Sovran, let's go!" I pulled Sovran's sleeve and get inside of the bank. We showed our warrant to check in the building for the crime that happened. We reached the floor through an elevator and saw an open patio. It looked like it was a suicide.

"Let's go back, Brazen. This is not our job." Sovran pulled me out of the room but I didn't move.

"Something is telling me that it was a murder." I looked below and the woman was being inspected. We moved out of the room and met the crew of investigators. When we reached the outside, I started to look inside the bushes.

"Brazen?!" Sovran screamed at my bizarre action.

"Shush!" I found what I've been looking for but I didn't touch it without using a cloth that will help me from avoiding putting my fingerprints on it.

They didn't let us leave, first, we witnessed and entered the crime scene and touched some of the victim's belongings.

Without the tablet that I found from the bushes, the criminal wouldn't be arrested. We helped in cracking the password and the security lock of the tablet has saved shots of the person who tries to unlock it. We scanned the pictures and found the killer who was with the victim during the time of her death. He was grabbing the tablet but she wouldn't release it. They continued on battling until the lady accidentally fell outside.

'What was in the tablet?'

...

My last week of vacation came. I hope there will be no more case here. I took my brother to the park. We ate hotdogs and ice cream. He told me about a girl he is courting.

"My dear brother, you're already grown up. It felt like yesterday you were always annoying me. You are this small and now you very tall. How I wish I can go back to the time where we were still young." I lean my head on his shoulder while we are sitting on a bench.