44. Shallows

July 1, 2022, another month has passed. No Sovran, no more mysterious calls and a frequent visit from Moe and his intrusive girlfriend, Tiffany. Tiffany is not just an ordinary looking girl but her attitude is something that nobody likes. The first time I met her, my blood starts to boil. It's not jealousy, envy or anything. It has something to do with my intuition. 'She's a bad girl.' The day she first came in, after I woke up when I passed out in the basement and finally met her, everyone saw how she flirts with Sovran and even with my dad.

The two men immediately tried to avoid her without hurting her. They're really good at it. Moe never noticed it because he's busy talking to me, playing with Czar including the girls and Edward. There's something fishy about their relationship. After that event, Sovran suddenly became busy and didn't show up. Edward's birthday is already in six days. Maybe he will come.

"Hello, Czar! There will be a bonfire in Moe's yard tomorrow night. Invite your family to gather with us!"

Amber and I were at the park strolling Czar when Moe's car passed by and Tiffany's head showed up by the window. They quickly left after informing me. I shook my head and drink the bottled water before we continued walking.

"Where does she live?" Amber suddenly asked and I curiously looked at her. Why is she asking?

"She lives in Manila. Why are you interested to know?" We found a bench and rested for a while. I held on Czar's stroller and kept my eyes on him.

"Ah, now I know why she's homeless."

"What?" My forehead wrinkled as I looked at her.

"She enters Uncle Benny's house then later in Uncle Sam, Uncle George, and Uncle Fred. Every night, I saw her knock on their doors when I pass by or when I look at the windows. Hmm... She's a poor girl." She sighs in pity. "Last night, Uncle Sam and Aunt Tiffany went to his shed. They turned off the lights."

"Okay, Amber. Thanks for telling me this. Don't ever mention this to anyone, okay?" I asked her for assurance and she pouted her tiny lips.

"But she needs help. Though I really like her but-"

"Don't worry, I'll help her." I quickly stood up and pulled her wrist for us to proceed.

That night, I went to Amber's room. I left Czar to my dad for them to take care of him.

"I just wanted to rest for a while. My body is really stiff and I want to move a lot in my bed."

"Sure, Brazen. I would love to watch Czar sleeping."

Luckily, dad didn't ask and accepted Czar in his room. I went to Amber's room and pretend to tell her some stories while I positioned myself on her window.

Amber fell asleep after I gave her a glass of milk which relaxed her.

It's ten o'clock in the evening when I saw Tiffany in the neighborhood. Sam came out of his house with blankets on his arms and sneakily met with Tiffany. They didn't notice that I was just watching down on them. They went to his tool shed and locked themselves. After a while, they turned off the lights. My head shook realizing what they might have been doing.

All of the men that Amber mentioned were handsome and married. Why is Tiffany doing this? Is Moe not enough for her? Gladly I took pictures of Tiffany from the moment she showed up until when they reached the shed. Maybe I should go to the shed and check them.

'It was a great, but dangerous idea.'

I carefully stepped out of the house and went to the shed.

*sigh*

I failed. I couldn't have any evidence because it's too dark that I couldn't even see anything inside the shed.