2

Mingyu paced back and forth in his room as he thought hard about what his first text to Wonwoo should be. He probably should ask him for history help first because that was how he got Wonwoo's number in the first place, but at the same time, he just wanted to ask him out on a date. He flopped himself onto his bed and sighed as he struggled to get words out of his head and onto his phone.

He sat up and looked at his phone. Maybe a single hello would work? Mingyu wanted Wonwoo to start a conversation with him before he asked him out. He inhaled as he typed onto his phone.

mingyu: hey!

mingyu: this is mingyu

mingyu: i'm the kid who wanted history help

Mingyu then threw his phone across the room- who the hell double, no, triple texted someone that doesn't even know him? He rolled around on his bed in frustration as he waited for his phone to let out the text tone. Five minutes after Mingyu kept frolicking on his bed, he finally got the notification he had been waiting for. He sprung out of his bed and ran over to where his phone was laying. There was a response from Wonwoo shining on the screen, and Mingyu could've sworn his heart got ten times faster. He picked up his phone and responded to him.

wonwoo: oh, hello.

mingyu: hi lol

wonwoo: when did you want me to help you with history?

Mingyu grimaced. He really didn't want Wonwoo to just be his tutor in a subject that he was proficient in. He frowned as he typed.

mingyu: actually

mingyu: i was wondering if we could just get coffee first

wonwoo: why?

mingyu: you see, i like you

mingyu: and i would like to take you out on a date

Mingyu screamed as he pressed send. His phone trembled uncontrollably in his hands as he waited for a response.

wonwoo: sorry, i'm not interested

Mingyu's heart fell. He quickly texted back saying it was okay, placed his phone on his desk, and sulked in his bed. His first confession, and he was already heart broken. This is what those girls must have felt like when Mingyu rejected them, but they seemed to take it way better than he ever would.

Mingyu cried himself to sleep that night. His confession to his crush had utterly failed.