Chapter 9

A Q U A R I U S

We got to the beach in such a short time, I was shocked. Kyle quickly got out of the car and opened my door for me. He waited for me to get out.

"Come on! We don't have a lot of time!"

He said to me. I looked down.

"I- I don't know how..."

I said kind of embarrassed at not knowing how to do something that was so simple for human... or whatever Kyle and Liam were.

Kyle gave me a look.

"You don't know how to do what? Walk?!"

He said exasperated. I meekly nodded. He groaned.

"You're joking?"

He asked me. I shook my head no. He swiftly picked me up and walked towards the beach.

I sighed happily to smell the salty water and hear the roaring waves. It was therapeutic to me, nothing humans have would ever compare to the ocean.

"Okay, which direction is your house at?"

He asked me. I just pointed to the water.

"What?"

He asked me. He seemed to be getting frustrated.

"Look we don't have time for games! They're going to be coming for us, they already know we are gone!"

Said Kyle kind of loudly. I flinched and whimpered causing his features to soften.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you but I'm scared to be doing this. I could get exiled for kidnapping the Luna!"

He said.

Luna...?

I shook it off, I would ask another time. I sighed a bit frustrated at how close the water was, yet at how far it was too. My skin itched at the thought of turning into my true form and swimming away from all this mess.

"My home, the water!"

I said pointing at it.

"Go to ocean!"

He seemed confused but walked to the edge of the water non the less.

"Before I set you down, explain."

He said. I nodded but stopped when I heard sounds coming from a mile or two away.

He seemed to have heard it too and sighed. He walked into the water and gently set me down in it, deep enough I was submerged to my chest while sitting down.

He jumped back as blue scales popped up all over my legs. I watched happily as my human form disappeared as my legs merged. I felt my gills grow and fingers web together.

"What the fuck?!"

He yelled stumbling back and falling on his butt. I sighed happily and looked at the wound that was now on the side of my tail. It would heal by nightfall.

I looked at Kyle who was still in shock. He sat there in the water, gaping at me.

"Don't look like that! You turn into giant hairy creature!"

I said crossing my arms. He shut his mouth and made a face

"I turn into a wolf, not a fish!"

He said. I gasped and glared at him for the insult, it was better than a human but still.

"I'm not fish! I'm merman!"

I tell him, watching as it all clicks together. I turn towards where we came from when I heard and sensed my mate. I gasp and shooed him away. He stood up and stepped away from the water.

"Come back sunset tomorrow! I have stuff to help your mate. I then go back to mine!"

I said nodding at him. He nodded in agreement and I quickly swam away as I heard shouting and my mate yelling.

Once I got into deeper waters, I felt comfortable enough to come to the surface. I hide behind some rocks and watched my mate charge at Kyle while yelling at the top of his lungs. Kyle just looked down at the ground not moving.

"WHERE IS HE. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HIM YOU PIECE OF SHIT. WERE YOU THAT FUCKING ANGRY HE KICKED YOUR MATES ASS YOU BETRAY YOUR LUNA AND PACK? HUH?"

He yelled grabbing Kyle by his cloth and lifting him off the grown. I gasp and wanted to yell at him to stop, but I knew if I did, he would drag me out of this water and back to the human house.

When Kyle did not reply I watched my mate pull his fist back and punch him directly in the right cheek. Kyle's head whipped back, and a groan left his mouth.

My mate was a ball of rage and frustration, panting heavily face red.

"WHERE IS HE?!"

He yelled out, letting that aura of authority leak out again. I felt tingly all over at that and fought the urge to swim back and jump into his arms. Kyle rubbed his cheek and pointed to the water. He refused to look my mate in the eyes, which I think is best now.

My mate pants and looks at Kyle in question.

"He went home."

Kyle says after a moment. My mate looked at him eyebrows furred.

"What the fuck are you talking about, and you better not lie. You are already being stripped of your title. Next is mate isolation."

Kyles head whips up at that.

"Wha- Vincent-"

He started to say but my mate growled and grabbed his cloth again.

"It's Alpha Vincent."

Kyle looked beyond hurt and I am sure water is in his eyes. My mate seemed to be sad too, I am not sure if it is because I am gone or what he is doing to Kyle. Maybe both?

"He said to be back in this spot sunset tomorrow, and he'll be back. I promise he is okay, but you were not going to let him go! I had to! He said if he went home, he could help Liam! You would have done the same if the roles were reversed!"

Said Kyle. My mate just towered over him, tensed and anger radiating off him in waves.

He looks at some men beside him and nods towards Kyle.

"Take him to the cells."

Kyle gasp.

"Vince-, I mean Alpha, really? After all we have been through?! I have been fucking loyal to you your whole life; you were my brother! One mistake that causes no one harm and you take EVERYTHING from me?! Fuck You!"

Yelled Kyle as he was being dragged off by some men. My mate started to shake and growl. He fell onto his knees, letting out raspy breaths. I gasped and backed up as I saw hair come out of skin and his bones start cracking and rearranging themselves.

Before I knew it, my mate was a huge giant hairy creature, humans call a wolf.

I quickly dove back under and swam away so I can process all this.

My mates not human....

EDITED 11/12/20