A beginning

Hey guys :D So this is a pretty important chapter. i spent a long time working on it because I wanted to make sure it was good, so I really hops you like it

Ok so the song for this chapter is 'How to break a heart' by Nikki. I think its the perfect for Kenzie and her ex.

The picture is of hotty Chasey *Drools* Mommy loves youuuuuuuuuu

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

=====================================

Chase's P.O.V.

Her breathing evened out and soft snores told me she was asleep. I stared at her determined yet vulnerable face and felt my heart thump with emotion. If she only knew how much she had scared me, how much I was so close to losing it.

I couldn't get the image out of my head, her struggling to stay on the surface, the sound of her gasps as she kept swallowing water, drowning slowly. I was in the lake before I knew it and immediately grabbed her.. 

I looked down and noticed we were both still soaked,. I got up and debated changing her clothes, if I didn't she could get sick but if I did she'd get mad. I decided I would handle the consequences in the morning. I walked to her and helped her as she sat up with her eyes still closed. I kept my eyes on her face as I took off her shirt. I brought one of my shirts and put i on her, again without looking at anything but her face.

I smiled as I looked at her, the shirt reached her knees and was impossibly large on her. I unbottened her pants from under the shirt and pulled them down. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't look at her legs and when I was done I tucked her in the bed and put her clothes in the hamper.

I walked back to the room and took off my pants and shirt, changing my boxers for dry ones. I normally slept only in my boxers but I knew she'd freak out if she woke up to see me like that so I put on some pj bottoms and climbed back into bed, immediately wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to me. I took a breath, inhaling her scent and felt my wolf purr. It was finally resting a bit after the incident, now that it's mate is near him.

I moved some stray strands from her face and smiled a bit at her sleeping face. God, she was beautiful. I let my eyes close, knowing that this would be one of the nights I'd sleep peacefully, with my mate in my arms.

*****

Kenzie's P.O.V.

I woke up and for the first time in a long time I wanted just to get back to the most comfortable sleep I've ever had.

I cuddled closer to the warmth surrounding me and sighed. It was a chuckle that made me reluctantly open my eyes.

The first thing I noticed was a muscular chest and I frowned before the previous day finally came back to me. I gasped and tried to get away but Chase's arms around my waist prevented me from doing so.

"Good morning to you too" Chase's husky voice said and I looked up at him, God he looked good in the morning. Whereas I always look like a walrus.

"Morning" I said and then, needing an excuse to get up "I need to pee"

Chase smirked and let me go and I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and suppressed a groan, as expected I looked like crap. I pressed a hand to my head as a headache surface.

I frowned and looked down at my clothes and gasped as I noticed I wasn't wearing anything but a shirt. So that means that Chase helped me change my clothes which means he saw me in my underwear.