Aftermaths

Mathew

As i walked  into school ,Michael waved at me, smiling. Clinging on my arm was Mika who nudged me to say
' hi ' to him and towed me to his direction " you ditched us on party"she complaint as soon as we caught up with him,rolling her eyes she looked at me to support her plea.

" Where have you been? " in response I supported her. If it had not  been the promise I made to him,I would have never been to that fucking party, that ruined my image partially, coz part of it was ruined by that fucking asshole.

It was hard to believe ,what the receptionist told me, but after getting sober and wrapping my mind up--- I continuously was getting the blurry scenes from the night--- making me blush out of embarrassment.

"I am sorry to miss the party" he looked up to Mika pleadingly, " but I haven't missed the dance you performed "he turned to me. My pupils diluted at his statement. How the fuck he knows? I thought.

" don't tell me you guys haven't seen this?" his eyes widened in wonder,he looked back and forth between me and Mika,half smiling he snorted.

Sensing the questionable complexion on my face ,he huffed and took his mobile out of his pocket and searched something " you became the hot topic on YouTube after party" he explained the situation ,forcing his phone in my hand,he touched the play icon.

I was so fucking embarrassed that I wanted to crawl into a rat hole after, what I saw. Seeing my contorted face, Mika lunged forward snatching the phone out of my possession,her eyes glued to the screen,the frown she had---  through out all the conversation between me and Mike--- deadpanned.

She came a bit more closer to me
" Ahhmm..." She  lowered her head to clear her throat, but in fact---  she was clearing her mind to have enough time to form words. She was as shocked as --- i was at  the loss of words. placing a hand on my back she eyed Mike for help.

Mika, own her own, had never been good at pulling people out of bad moods. Though she's very talkative but situations like this---- where her best friend  had been filmed,which had been uploaded on YouTube, dancing like a gipsy at a drunken stupor--- can drive her ,at her wits end, especially when this affects him so much.

" Take it easy ,Maths!" Coming forward Mike placed a hand on my shoulder " at least you are famous on social media" trying to smile he patted my arm.

"Who the fuck are you kidding?" I snorted " this is so fucking embarrassing ".

He frowned in deep thoughts,pinching his lower lip between his thumb and index finger, as if searching for words. I eyed Mika who was continuously rubbing my back to ease the tension, she  slightly smiled sliding her hands off and placing it on my bicep.

"Stop bothering" he reasoned  " you know, these kind of news are like fire on dried leaves,extinguishing out, as fast as  they burn " he sounded one of his philosopher's tone,learned from his philosophy class ," you are a fucking celebrity now" he punched my shoulder and forced a chuckle out of his perched lips to enlighten my mood.

" it ruined my reputation " I complaint more to myself than to them" how can I be so naive ?" I wondered at my own stupidity.

"That asshole, that fucking jerk--- " Mika  gritted, clenching her fist tightly " ---I m gonna kill him"she continued, glaring daggers at the pillar beside us ,as if personifying it as the person-- she was talking about ,while continuously kicking it with her twelve inches' heels " he is the fucking trickster".

" right " I agreed " all the fucking time he had a plan to make things hard for me" I punched my fist on the wall beside me " he continuously tried to be a pain in my ass".

Mike looked up to me thoughtfully " a triumph is not a triumph when the loser is not affected by it, the real defeat lies in the feeling--- to feel defeated" He tried to make his point.
"Don't let that dickhead get to you" he advised .

Though I agreed upon his philosophy, my mind remained disturbed. I made a fool out of me in front of everyone. But who the Hell had uploaded the video and who made it?, I thought.

" we are getting late for the class " Mike announced nonchalantly, pulling Mika to his side,as an attempt to calm her down. Then he turned to me pointing his index finger at me
" We have only one week left before the trials " the urgency in his tone caught me off guard " you better wrap your mind up" he commanded in a high serious tone. I blinked at the sudden change of conversation " and stop over thinking, you weren't fucking filmed as a pornstar " I winced at his choice of  the crude words. He walked towards his class which he shared with Mika ,pausing in his way he turned and raised his hand gesturing a thums-up
" anyways,take it as a publicity stunt for the upcoming trials to increase your stardom " with this advice he walked out of my sight,dragging Mika behind him who mouthed ' see'ya at lunch'.

At  the moment alone at the hallway, I felt like a kid lost in a crowd, desperately trying to find his parents. Placing a hand on my chest I tried to even my heart beat. As I walked to my class I felt eyes lingering on my back. 'I am not affected by this shit ',I attempted to convince myself. It's only a dance video not a fucking porno . I pushed all the disturbing thoughts aside and squeezed my eyes shut to clear my mind. After a minute, I was ready for my class and left the hallway with a new confidence, proudly making my way to class, I found the seat behind me empty which means the douche is not here  yet. He must be busy in planning his shitty tricks ,but I won't let him get to me this time, I sworn while thinking  about the probability of his absence.