Chapter 7. Savior

Lord Evan tightened his grip around her waist bringing her closer. Elina felt all her senses seize. She was sure that she didn't mishear him. Anyone could get flattered when someone like the Lord himself would compliment. The Devil himself had blessed him with that Handsome face. What was she thinking? an alarm ringed in her head. Getting back to her senses, she looked at the lord's sparkling goldenish brown eyes while he returned back the stare. The corner of his lips moved upwards into a smile. Before she could speak, the bell rang and the Lord twirled her. She was twirled for the last time by some unknown person and then she was back with Stefan.
"You know what, you and Evan look cute together," Stefan said only to see her eyes widen.

"Then, I can say you look good with Olivia" she teased him knowing that he would surely react.

"No! No! No!" he shouted childishly. Everyone in the hall looked at him. This was the third time in the party that people stared at him.

"Now what happened to that stupid?" they heard Olivia speak.

"Stefan! slowly or else people will be suspicious of you" Elina tried to make him calm down.

"Don't say that again okay. You know that Olivia thinks me as her sacrificial goat. Didn't you see, she is so violent"

"She is not that bad. She is really good" Stefan made his eyes wide and shook his head "Okay, okay, I won't say but then even you will not pair me with the Lord"

"Okay"

After the dance finished, all the high-class members gathered at a meeting hall for a business talk with Lord Evan, Stefan, Olivia and Elina present there. The hall contained a large table in between and many chairs around it. Elina sat beside Olivia. While the others were busy talking about business, the two empires and their hatred for the humans.

"Humans are crowded over in Iris. I wonder how the queen handles those filthy creatures" an aged man with his spectacles on his nose spoke.

Didn't they know, there was a human standing among them? Elina thought.

It was true that humans were more in Iris as compared to Veneton. Iris was a werewolf land and the vampires never entered the land except for some important work because of the threat on their life. Same way, Veneton was a Vampire land. Vampires and Werewolves were the high-class beings. Humans being the low class, stayed in both the lands but in Veneton vampires were of a large number who would look on for a prey to overcome their thirst. Iris was much safer for humans when compared to Veneton and that was one of the reasons why humans were more in number over there.

"What do you think about humans, Lord Evan?" another man said. He was in his late thirties with his black beard which had turned a bit silver with his increasing age.

"Well, I think they are quite interesting" the Lord took a glance at Elina and continued to take a sip of wine from his goblet.

Elina stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing. Then what could she do when people were bursting out their anger on poor humans. She thought she was the only one who hated vampires but there was a lot more when it came to vampires.

"If you are bored, you can go and enjoy the party," Olivia said shaking Elina who was busy staring at the ground.

Elina sighed internally and nodded. She gave a quick bow and left the room filled with vampires. Instead of wandering in the hall where she didn't know anybody, she went to the garden.

The Garden was beautiful with different kinds of trees it held. The garden wasn't as big as Davies garden and it didn't have flowers but it was enchanting in its own way. There was a forest on the other side of the garden. Elina walked towards the forest. The gentle cold wind hit her face forming goosebumps all over her body.

While walking she felt someone follow her. Picking up a wooden stick from the ground, she turned quickly. She saw a figure emerging from the forest. She held the stick tightly and started running towards the hall. Just before she could reach the garden, she saw a wolf jump in front of her making her stop at her path. She shivered looking at the wolf. No, it wasn't a wolf, it was two times bigger than an ordinary wolf. That means it was a werewolf. "No" Elina muttered slowly holding the stick closer to her chest.

It was the vampires who killed humans for fulfilling their thirst but it didn't mean that the werewolf didn't attack humans. Whatever it may be, Vampires or Werewolves, the humans were always the prey for the dark creatures. There was no way out and the only thing that could happen was her body lying on the floor lifeless. The wolf pounced on her. She closed her eyes out of fear.

In that split of a second, she heard a thud sound on the ground. Opening her eyes slowly, she saw the wolf lying cold on the floor. Blood oozed out of its neck damping the ground.

And then she saw the man who was the reason for the condition of the Werewolf. Her Saviour. The Lord of Veneton stood there, his eyes almost red. He smirked looking at the creature's lifeless body.

____