Chapter 27. Unexpected

A very Happy Halloween to all my lovely readers:)

I squirmed and tossed in my bed trying to gain some sleep. My head was a turmoil. My emotions were in a rollercoster. Hell! I wasn't even functioning properly!

Sleep was the last thing that was on my mind.

I thought about everything that happened today. From the party to Evan's confession and then to add fuel to the already horrible day, Evan turned out to be the cause of my parents death.

I am glad atleast he said the truth instead of hiding or lying. But did he tell me the exact truth? Did he hide something?

I shouldn't let Giselle's words stain my mind. She could be lying.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of door creaking. I kept my eyes shut when I felt the bed dip beside me as someone laid there and started stroking my face.

As soon as he touched my face, I knew who it was due to the electric sensation I felt.

"I am sorry, Elina. I didn't mean to hurt you but I couldn't tell you the truth. You would have broke down. I couldn't see you like that. It's fine if I am bad in your eyes untill you don't hate him. It's not his fault. He didn't intend to do it I know that. And I also know I can't see you both hurt." He continued caressing my face gently placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I am sorry." He muttered pulling me closer to him by my waist.

Sure he thinks I am asleep. Maybe he planned to go before I wake up. But I am not asleep. And that is the problem.

Even though whatever he did, I wanted to hug him back. Tell him it's okay.

How can I not melt in his words?

He actually didn't tell the truth. But what does he mean by 'It's fine if I am bad in your eyes untill you don't hate him.'?

Hate who?

I wanted to ask what he meant? Before I could do that I heard his slow snores.

I opened my eyes slowly to see his beautiful face close to mine deep in slumber. His thick brows shadowed his face making him look so angelic. How could he fall asleep so fast? Not that I'm complaining.

He did tell me the truth, even though it wasn't entirely true according to him. He did regret his actions.

Every one should get a chance, right?

Will my parents be happy with my decision?

Dad and Mom always told to give a chance to someone who really regrets something so that they never repeat the mistake and get a chance to live life again. Would they give a chance to the one who killed them?

Maybe...

Could I forgive him? I don't know.

I smiled hearing Evan's slow snores as I removed his arm off my waist and stood up to throw that damn liquid Giselle gave me.

He frowned at first then returned back to his peaceful slumber. Maybe he's too tired or else he's always so alert about his surroundings.

I wasn't going to use the Truth Elixir. No matter what. I will ask Evan to confess the actual truth by myself. And if he does, maybe I'll forgive him as well....

I walked to the desk and picked up the tiny glass bottle. Before I could even open it's lead to throw the contents out the window, someone pulled me out of the room so fast that my feet barely reached the ground. All I saw around was blur till me and my supposed abductor halted on the terrace.

Olivia pushed me abruptly to stand in front of her that I almost tripped. She looked beyond livid. What the hell is wrong with her? Before I could ask, she yelled,

"What do you think you were doing, Elina?! Do you know it is a poison that could paralyse a pureblood vampire for atleast a week?!" She asked pointing to the bottle in my hand.

My eyes widened as her words sinked into my head. I looked down at the tiny container. It's strange, not even a single drop of the liquid fell down during Olivia rushed me here.

The liquid inside it was poison! God, I was so dumb to believe Giselle! How did I forget she was in the opposing team?!

What if I would have fed it to Evan?

No. No. No. How stupid I am!

"You can't do that to Evan, Elina! You can't hurt him. He isn't our parents murderer. He isn't." She said water starting to pool in her eyes, "I heard your conversation while you ran into the room. He lied to you. He didn't kill them."

I looked at her shocked. I wanted to tell her I didn't intend to give the damn liquid to Evan. But what she was saying was shocking.

Water trickled down her eyes as she said the next words which made me freeze in my spot,

"Stephen killed them."

________

Hope you liked the chapter:)

Just don't jump to conclusions about my Stephy. Who knows, there must be more to the story.....

Next chapter will be updated on Sunday.

Things are going to get really messy. Maybe Evan will lose his control......🙊🙊

You'll know in the upcoming chapters;P

Until then,
Goodbye. Have a nice day.