Chapter 49: Nuclear Angel

REECE

I glance around in the midst of the current chaos, and I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but I do know that we need to do something about Azriel and Genna.

"Clattonia," I say firmly with an edge of kindness, my hand grasping on to her shoulder as she glances to look at me, "I get that you're worried, but we need to do something now. You heard Juniper, Jace'll be fine. We need to make sure that the others will be okay too. Come on."

"Right," Clattonia nods and sniffs, standing up apprehensively, "you're right."

She takes one last glance at Jace, smiling sadly, before her eyes flicker over to Juniper.

"I'll bring him up," Juniper says, "don't worry."

"Alright," Clattonia nods before she looks at me.

"You dropped these," I say as I bend down and pick up her katanas, handing them back to her.

"Thanks," she says and glances up at the gaping hole in the floor, "now, let's win this shit."

A smirk tugs at my lips as Clattonia runs towards the side of the chasm and leaps from wall to wall, making her way up the chasm quickly. I follow after her with a shake of my head, chuckling to myself as I form several time runes and jump back and forth on them, each one disappearing as soon as the next forms, until I'm at the top with Clattonia.

Clattonia narrows her eyes at Azriel before taking off in a run, leaping up in the air and forming a roundhouse kick just as she seems to disappear, streams of glowing red energy surrounding her as she suddenly appears directly in front of Azriel and lands the kick to his chest, sending him flying into the wall behind him and making dust fly everywhere upon impact. Clattonia lands and narrows her eyes, a few strands of hair falling by her eyes as she grips on to her katanas.

Meanwhile, my eyes glance over to see Essence running along the scaffolding and leaping through it like a playground until she finds a spot that she likes and she shoots a few arrows at Azriel before grabbing on to one of the metal bars and swinging underneath it, propelling herself into mid-air before she lands on her feet, her knees bent. She brings herself back up to her full height and looks to me, nodding, before running off towards Caliber's scaffolding.

Azriel grimaces and shakes off the shock from being kicked into the wall and notices that Essence dug an arrow into his shoulder before he narrows his eyes and reaches up, ripping it out of his shoulder and letting it clatter to the ground, but it disperses before it can make contact.

Amidst the chaos, I notice that Kazuki has disappeared and I scoff to myself, wondering why I'm not surprised. However, interest lights up in my eyes whenever I spot one of his wings ruffling around on the scaffolding where Caliber is. Suddenly, he comes in and out of view as he moves around, evidently helping Caliber and Essence, who is now arriving to them. My eyes flicker back over to Azriel and I can sense my brown eyes beginning to glow golden as I focus on Azriel and his past. Azriel slightly falters as sounds of him running as a child with Raphael whizz by in a golden and black reel of film that burns golden at the edges, black embers falling on to the ground and floating through the air as his past plays by. Hopefully I can stall him until Raphael actually gets here...

Cassidy's eyes widen as he watches Azriel's timeline and his lips part in surprise as he watches everything that goes on, seeming awestruck.

"You're the Chronos wielder," Cassidy whispers, "and that's Phantom, isn't it? That move right there?"

I don't feel the need to answer him, but find myself shrugging in response as if it isn't really any big deal.

"I should've noticed earlier from your other moves," Cassidy says irridiculously.