Chapter 58: You Can't Cage What Was Meant to Fly

CLATTONIA

I watch as Reece and Asylum gape at me, Jace, and my mother as we skid to a halt with our stuff in front of them, Reece looking as if he were about to say something to Asylum before we arrived.

"Is that your mother?" Asylum's eyes flicker between me and my mom.

"Yes," I nod, glancing between Asylum and Reece, "it is."

"What exactly is going on here?" Reece gestures towards Asylum with a slight nod and a glance in his direction.

"Clattonia and I were coming back from Tokyo whenever we ran into Myfanwy. Well, more like she finally decided to show herself to us. Long story short, Misery found us and we ended up fighting her before coming back here," Jace explains.

"Okay," Reece shakes his head, "and what about Asylum?"

"Oh," Asylum laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck, "Clattonia sent me a letter including your address a little while ago while you guys were in Tokyo asking if I could find any classified information on her mother for her. However, I guess that's a little irrelevant now. But, I do have files on where her dad is being held, if that would be helpful."

"That would be helpful, thank you, Asylum," I nod, "and I would advise for you to stay out of White Rabbit for the next few days. Your life will be in danger if you choose not to."

"If you guys are planning something, I'd be more than willing to help," Asylum says, grinning slightly, "I've hated that place from the moment I stepped foot in there. Besides, if everything's going to hell, I may as well join in the fighting."

"That would be much appreciated," I smile gently back at him, "thank you. It's not an easy thing to lay your life on the line for someone else, or yourself, for that matter."

"Of course," Asylum chuckles, "I did say that if you ever needed anything, I'd be your man."

"Right," I nod, glancing at Reece, "well, shall we begin our plans? We have to hurry."

"I will be joining you," Myfanwy says, gaining all of our attentions, "there is nothing that I would like more."

"Of course," I nod, "Reece, gather everyone into the living room, please. Everyone else, follow me inside."

"On it," Reece nods and heads back inside.

Myfanwy, Asylum, and Jace follow me inside after Reece, where we wait for everyone to gather in the living room. Slowly, everyone begins to arrive. First comes Juniper, Katsuro, Caliber, Kazuki, Ryouichi, and Mitsuko. Then comes Indigo, Ink, Essence, Labyrinth, and Reece followed by Raphael and Azriel, whose golden eyes are now a shade of sea blue and he appears to be far less hostile than he was before, his eyes flickering around curiously at all of the different faces.

"Raphael got Azriel back to his old self while you and Jace were gone," Reece says as he comes over and stands next to Myfanwy, me, Asylum, and Jace, and Essence walks up and stands next to Reece, taking his hand in hers and locking their fingers together as she sends him a weary smile, but her eyes shine with hope and confidence.

"And where is Cassidy?" I raise a brow.

"Cassidy? As in Cassidy Cohen?" Asylum asks, raising his eyebrows in surprise.

"Cassidy is--" Reece starts.

"I'm right here," Cassidy sighs as he walks in, holding the hand of a little blond girl with bright red eyes, "and before you ask, this is my little sister, Larissa."

"Pretty lady!" Larissa beams and breaks free of her brother's hold, running over to me to jump up and down.

"It's nice to meet you, Larissa," I chuckle, bending down slightly, "I'm Clattonia."