chapter five ➸ boundaries

CHAPTER FIVE

PAUL HAD TAKEN INGRID'S PLACE IN THE SHOWER AS SHE WALKED INTO HER BEDROOM SEARCHING FOR CLOTHES

PAUL HAD TAKEN INGRID'S PLACE IN THE SHOWER AS SHE WALKED INTO HER BEDROOM SEARCHING FOR CLOTHES. She moves over towards her dresser and pulls out semi-dark blue denim skinny jeans, then goes to her closet and picks out a multi-colored sweater and slides her feet into a pair of black slip-on shoes.

 She moves over towards her dresser and pulls out semi-dark blue denim skinny jeans, then goes to her closet and picks out a multi-colored sweater and slides her feet into a pair of black slip-on shoes

She looks into the mirror and locks eyes with her one-pearl necklace. Ingrid then reminisces when she had first laid eyes on it.

It had been over five hundred years ago since she met Katerina Petrova and five years since her apparent death. Although, Ingrid hid a secret that not even her twin brother, Klaus, knows.

𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

Ingrid is at her apartment in New York when her phone rings. She looks at the caller ID and smiles. "Nik."

"Hello, little sister."

She shakes her head, "Thirty seconds."

"Exactly, little sister." She can just hear the smirk in his voice.

"We've been fighting about this for over a thousand years, Nik." Ingrid exhales. "Not that I'm not happy that you called, but why did you?"

"I've just got word that Katerina is on her deathbed."

Ingrid tenses and stays quiet several moments, tears gathering in her eyes. Although Klaus hates her with a passion, Ingrid and she had kept in touch over the years.

"Ingrid?"

"Hm? S-sorry, uh... Where is she?"

Klaus is silent before answering. "Mystic Falls, the Salvatore Boarding House."

"Alright." She nods to herself.

"After all these years, you still care for her."

"She was my best friend, Nik. You know this."