4. move

A week passed, as each day faded into the next my anxiety over school built. At the same time, I was so overwhelmed with the fact that I had found my soulmate. My worries had been alleviated after our moment in the hospital room. Past Bakugo's explosive personality was a, dare I say shy person. We hadn't talked since the hospital experience but I had been thinking about him- as creepy as that sounds. As amazing as the idea of a soulmate was, all the thinking about Bakugo added to my amounting worries over school. Primarily my doubts about getting accepted...

    "Y/N Honey! You have a letter from U.A.!" Mom shouted from downstairs. I looked up from my phone, scampering out of bed. We had both begged Dad for the results- he just hid deeper in his sleeping bag.
    "ONE SEC." I raced downstairs. It hit me then more than ever that I might not be accepted- that there was a high chance that I wouldn't end up in the famed Class 1 A.

    I calmed my nerves and bounced into the kitchen where my mom held an over-decorated letter. Dad was sitting in the living room under a heap of blankets. My heart rate sped up, doubt flooded my mind.

    There's no way you got into 1 A all you did was get punched.

    I looked down at my fingers clasping and unclasping them in a repetitive motion. Mom followed my gaze and frowned.

    "Do you need a moment?" She asked in a soft voice. Her usually excited demeanor fading away. I nodded fear clouding my vision. Setting the letter on the table she walked away and joined Dad.

    Back in my room the stuffy air and anticipation felt suffocating. I carefully opened the letter. Gently shaking its contents I felt a small disk touch my fingers. That was strange- but honestly, what should I have expected from U.A.? A normal letter like every other school.

    As soon as I managed to get the disk out a bright light erupted into my otherwise dark room. I winced. How do I turn down the brightness? After a brief moment of distracted silence, I looked up at what the disk was projecting. All Might's large smiling face popped up on screen. I shrunk back further in my seat- U.A. was really over the top.

    "Young Y/N!" His exuberant personality seemed to radiate from the screen. A long pause hung in the air as I sat and waited for the recording to keep on playing. Or wait. WAS THIS EVEN A RECORDING? I shot up from my seat. Thank god the room was dark that way he couldn't see what an absolute wreck it was.

    "Uh hi?" GOOD GOING Y/N. FIRST YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOUR MCFREAKING SOULMATE AND NOW YOU SCREW UP TALKING TO THE NUMBER ONE HERO. I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO ASK. WHAT WAS MY DAD LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL? WHY HAVEN'T I MET YOU YET???

    "You passed the written exam-" I let out a loud sigh of relief. Before I could relax he continued. "However, you got zero points on the practical exam. Which, of course, means that you didn't pass." I felt my soul leave my body. Even if in the end I ended up in a secondary course- I really wanted to end up in 1 A.
    "Before you get discouraged Young Y/N please listen to this." He turned toward a large screen.

    Uncle Yamada stood next to Dad. Bugging him.

But what did this have to do with my acceptance?

From out of nowhere came Bakugo- slumped over with a ticked off expression on his face.

    "Hey, Loudmouth!" He shouted pointing at a flabbergasted Yamada. "My shit soulmate isn't going to pass is she?" For a split second his angry expression shifted to something softer.

I felt myself relax despite the tense situation.

"Give the dumbass some of my points." He paused for a moment as if thinking of what to say before turning away and stalking off.

    The screen cut away to All Might's smiling face. I processed the information I was just given. After a moment or two, I gathered myself.

    "Still there's no way he could've given me enough points to get into 1 A," I said the gears turning in my head. All Might nodded at the previous statement. "We wouldn't be having this conversation if I hadn't gotten into 1 A. Dad is constantly whining about the budget and I can't imaging how much this costs."

    "Correct again Young Y/N! In fact, we were grading you not only on villains defeated but support. If I'm correct you helped Young Todoroki, Young Bakugo, and Young Midoriya." I nodded- although I wasn't completely sure who Midoriya was. "With the points, you amassed from support you rank at..." I held my breath as he paused for tension.

    Moments passed as he smiled and extended the pause as long as humanly possible. "10th." I released the breath I was holding. "You made it!" The video cut out and I was reminded of the massive help Bakugo had given me. My mind was swarmed with questions.

    The next day I was out the door before Dad had even gotten out of his sleeping bag- not that he ever did. I bounded out the door into the crisp spring air. Petals floated across my vision.

    Within minutes I was at the train station. Looking across the platform I saw familiar ashy hair.
    "BAKUGO!" I screamed at him while racing across the platform. He turned eyes widening for a brief moment before turning into a scowl.

    "What is it dumbass?" I let out a small laugh, that warm feeling flowing through me once more.

    "Thank you."