19. mule

I glanced up at the crowd gathered in the stadium. Briefly making eye contact with a random person before turning away and screaming internally for a good minute.

Until the next challenge was announced I was just a bunch of bones with nowhere to go.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE?!" Thank god. The crowd cheered as a large screen rose from the middle stadium. Midnight approached the board which lit up with an array of colorful lights.

"Our next challenge will be a cavalry battle. Teams are made up of 2-4 people." She paused and an image popped up onto the screen. Our names were displayed with numbers next to them. "Everyone will start off with points based off of how they placed in the obstacle course." The screen focused on Midoriya's name. The numbers next to it continued to rise past that of everyone else before finally stopping at 1,000,000.

"Whoa, a million?"

"That's crazy."

"No one has close to that much..."

"Yeah Bakugo and that girl got 205 and 200."

Everyone started talking. I briefly glanced at Midoriya who in one second had become everyone's target in the coming round. I glanced around the throng of kids people were already forming teams despite the fact that no announcement had been made.

I glanced around the space looking for potential teammates. Ideally, I would like to be on a team with Bakugo. However, after looking at all the people around him I immediately reconsidered. There were several people asking to be on a team with him that were much stronger than I was.

Midoriya was standing by himself muttering aggressively. I shot him a look of pity, it was going to be difficult forming a team in his position. Todoroki was also surrounded by a large group of people, I found Momo in that crowd and started to make my way over when a group of people gathered around me.

"Hey, you're that girl with the power controlling quirk right?" A loud girl with bright orange hair asked beaming. I stumbled back a step. WHO EXPECTED ME TO BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE?

"Uh yes," I muttered immediately recoiling internally at how awkward I was being. She turned to talk to the people behind her, I hadn't seen them before but they looked strong most likely all from class 1B.

"Hey, would you like to join our-" A loud explosion followed by angry yelling cut her off.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXTRAS TRYING TO DO?" Bakugo stormed over followed by Kirishima and Sero who nervously trailed him.

"You're Bakugo right?" She asked obviously put back by his rude behavior.

"Come here dumbass." He completely ignored her question dragging me away.

"Sorry-" I called back to the group.

"What the hell are you apologizing for?" He grumbled releasing his grip on my uniform.

"YOU IDIOT." I retorted dusting off my clothes now covered in a thin layer of soot.

"HUH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?" He scoffed completely disregarding the fact that he was extremely rude.

"YOU GO BACK AND APOLOGIZE!" I demanded gesturing at the group that was currently standing shocked at our argument.

"NO WAY IN HELL I DID NOTHING WRONG." UGUIWEGCUIEWGUIEWGUI.

"HAHA, YOU DID NOTHING WRONG? IF YOU DON'T GO BACK I SWEAR." I tried and failed to shove him in their direction. He didn't budge curse his stubbornness.

"Bakugo, L/N stop fighting the event is about to begin." Dad's irritated voice boomed loudly out of the many speakers. I could see him pinching the bridge of his nose and wincing. With one final glare at both Bakugo and the booth, Dad was in I turned toward Kirishima and Sero.

"READY!" We got into formation.

"SET!"

"Wait guys do we have a plan?" Sero asked adjusting to the weight of the flaming hot cheeto that was Bakugo.

"Just go in there fucking blast things," Bakugo responded a wicked grin stretching over his features.

"GO!!" Everyone charged toward Midoriya.

Within five minutes Bakugo's headband was stolen.

"COME BACK HERE YOU SHITTY COPY!" Bakugo screamed as he went after Monoma who was laughing and taunting him.

"NO YOU GET BACK HERE." I shouted after him failing to do anything worthwhile. Sero let out a long string of tape pulling Bakugo away from the ground.

"Your girlfriend is calling," Monoma said with a small roll of his eyes.

W h a t   was that.

"GO GET HIM," I shouted after Bakugo strengthening his quirk. He shot forward swooping down and grabbing our headband and several others from Monoma. I dropped my hold on his quirk and a rush of dizziness filled me. I wobbled for a second while Kirishima and Sero supported Bakugo.

"You ok Y/N?" Kirishima asked supporting me for a second while I regained balance.

"Yeah, just a bit lightheaded," I replied nodding. It only took me a second to get back to my normal self. Still, with the obstacle course and this combined I was going to have to watch myself. I needed energy for the final stage of the tournament.

"Stop overexerting yourself dumbass," Bakugo mumbled. Yeah, you're one to talk Mr. I rush into everything at full power no matter how small it is. He was right though, I nodded and we started running forward.

"TEAM BAKUGO MOVES INTO SECOND PLACE!" Uncle Yamada screamed from the loudspeakers. We rushed forward narrowly avoiding Todoroki's ice and sliding around toward Midoriya.

We all rushed forward. The three teams gearing up to clash I prepared to use my quirk sending a surge of power to my teammates.

"Stop overexerting yourself dumbass."

Just this once!

We neared the other teams preparing to take their headbands.

BEEEEP

"TIMES UP! TEAM TODOROKI FINISHES FIRST WITH TEAM BAKUGO AT SECOND."

Bakugo scoffed and jumped to the ground walking away. My mind raced.

______________________

IM RUNNING OUT OF M WORDSSKKDKD

-Ai