4

you are the love that came without warning;you had my heart before i could say no

you had my heart
before i could say no.

CHAPTER FOUR

SETH

I sigh as my phone goes off once again.

It's the middle of the night and someone's been trying to call me for the past ten minutes. I finally decide to answer, since obviously it's important.

I pick up my phone to see that Dustin has been the one calling me. I have twelve missed calls. Damn.

I click the green button and bring the phone up to my ear. Before I can answer, he speaks in a relieved but rushed voice. "Fucking finally."

I scowl. "Why the hell are you calling me this late?"

"It's Daisy. She won't stop crying."

I immediately stand up from my bed and grab my car keys from the bedside table before slipping on my shoes.

"Why? What's wrong?" I worry.

He sighs. "She thinks you left her."

I furrow my eyebrows. "But I just went home-"

"I know, I know. But she thinks you left her for good. I've tried telling her that she'll see you soon but she won't listen."

"So you want me to come over?" I question, now standing at the front door.

"If you don't mind."

"Of course not. I'm on my way." I hang up and head to my car, not waiting for him to reply.

I immediately knock the second I step foot in front of their door. After a few seconds, it opens and Dustin stands there with tired eyes.

He sighs in relief when he sees me. "Come in."

I step inside and look around, wondering where Daisy is.

"She's in her room. I'll let you talk to her." He yawns. I nod and head up the stairs, straight to her closed bedroom door.

I gently knock on it so I don't startle her.

I hear a sniffle. "Go away bubba." She says, so quietly that I could just barely understand her.

I slowly open the door. "Sweetheart, it's Seth." I say as softly as possible.

She's sitting on the floor with her legs crossed. Her head snaps in my direction and my heart breaks at her tear filled eyes and red cheeks. Her lip quivers and she stands up from the ground.

"Baby..." I trail off, my eyes softening as she walks over to me. "What's wrong?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

She pouts and wraps her arms around my waist, surprising me at first. "I-I thought you left me."