5

she was a rosein the hands of thosewho had no intentions of keeping her

she was a rose
in the hands of those
who had no intentions of keeping her

CHAPTER FIVE

DAISY

~
DAISY'S OUTFIT

~DAISY'S OUTFIT

~

"-and please be careful. If anybody bothers you, tell me or Seth." Dustin finally finishes his rant while Seth stands behind him with his arms crossed over his chest. He looks very intimidating.

I slowly nod my head. "Alright."

I have Art first, which is the room we're standing in front of right now. I give Dustin a quick hug before turning to Seth to do the same thing.

"Remember, my class is only across the hallway." He says as we pull away.

I send them both a smile before heading into the classroom. As soon as I walk in, people immediately look my way. Some look confused while others don't even give me a second glance.

I keep my head down as I walk towards the back of the classroom, letting a small grin appear on my face when when I spot an empty seat next to a nice looking girl.

I sit down and place my bag next to me. "Hello." I say politely.

Her head snaps up and she looks at me blankly. "What do you want?"

I send her a smile. "Nothing. My name's Daisy and today's my first day. I used to be homeschooled but my older brother Dustin said that I could finally go to public school. Isn't that cool? What's your name?" I giggle nervously when I see the shocked look on her face, and realize I was ranting.

"You talk a lot." She says bluntly. "My names Ava."

I raise my eyebrows. "Can we be friends?"

Ava examines me for a few seconds, before shrugging. "Sure, why not."

I clap my hands together quietly. "I can't wait to tell Dustin and Seth that I made a new friend. They'll be so happy." I say mostly to myself, which is something I tend to do a lot.