Judging System

Judging starts in February 2019

Here you will find the score sheet on which you will give points from 1 to 10 on a scale up to 100 points. The score sheet must be sent via Private Message or on email to this account, World_Of_Champions . There will be 10 books assigned to a person per category, so per category there shall be 10 score sheets. The judge must read at least 5 chapters and note accordingly:

Note: Be unbiased when judging the books!

Judging system
0/100 points

Title: 0/5

How intriguing is the title? Is the first word/ all words capitalised? Does it reflect the story?

Cover: 0/5

How creative and original is the cover? Does it make you want to read more? Does it reflect the genre?

Summary: 0/5

Is the summary too short/ too long? Did it catch your attention? Is it professional? Are there any mistakes?

Grammatical/Spelling/ punctuation precision: 0/10

How many mistakes does the story have? Are they bothering or barely noticeable?

(Mistakes include grammatical and present/past tense errors, misspellings, no capital letters at the beginning of sentences, lack of punctuation or wrongly put commas, dots etc.)

Page arrangement & aesthetics: 0/10

Are the paragraphs too short/ too long/non-existent? Is their arrangement messy? Are the chapters too lengthy or too short?
Does the POV change too much or leave confusion?

Originality (Creativity for fan-fiction books): 0/10

Do you feel like you've read this plot somewhere else? Does it contain too many cliches?

Interest: 0/10

How interesting is the book so far? Did you have to take breaks while reading, or find yourself skipping lines? Were you bored (in an unbiased way)?

Main Character development & interaction: 0/10

How much have you learnt about the MC so far? Does he/she synchronizes with the story?

Side characters development & interaction: 0/10

Are the side characters forgotten or inconsistent?

Continuity (reality check): 0/5

If you're not familiar with this term, it is one usually used in movies. If chapters lacks continuity, it means that a scene isn't relevant with the next one,  (e.g. at 11:45 MC is pouring milk in the cereal and begins to eat and at 11:46 MC is shopping at the mall. Unless MC is Superman or a timestopper, continuity has been broken.) Continuity also stands for breaking the 4th wall, or when the narrator says something in a chapter, but then denies it in another, or says something completely different.

Plot development: 0/20

Do the ideas flow nice one with the other? Is the introduction established (time+space [when and where]) in the first chapter? Does the dialogue, narration and description help visualise the plot?

Review (mandatory): minimum 10 lines (long sentences). The review is very important for the writer.
Give constructive criticism, but do not be mean.

Judges, please stay tuned for further questions regarding the follows.