•10•

Eden's lungs malfunctioned as Malcolm entered the room she was cleaning

The memory of his lips against hers and his hands on her body burned brightly behind her eyes.

She watched him from the corner of her eye as she continued to dust the large golden harp before her.

Malcolm looked to her and smiled.

"Hello, love."

"Hi there," she breathed.

Malcolm took a seat on one of the couches in the room and continued to look at her.

Eden dropped the rag and wrung it in her hands.

"Was there something you needed?" She asked, trying to sound indifferent.

"Yes, actually," he replied standing up.

"I came to find you to ask a favor of you."

Eden nodded.

"As I am sure you are aware, my friend Lilian is currently staying with us."

Eden nodded once more.

"Well the rest of her family has unexpectedly shown up. I was wondering if you would go to the north guest wing and help them settle in?"

Malcolm bit his lower lip ever so slightly. Eden's brow furrowed.

"Yes, of course."

Malcolm walked toward her. Invading her space.

He kissed her hand.

"Thank you, love."

"Sure thing," she mumbled as he smiled at her and exited the room.

~~~~~~~~

Eden walked past the guest wing and saw a room with the door open.

She peered into the room and knocked on the door frame.

"Hello, my name is Eden I'm a part of the staff here," she called out.

She saw that the room was completely void of any sign of a visitor. Save for a suitcase atop the bed and a duffle bag on the ground beside the white bed.

Walking into the bathroom, she found that it too was empty.

Eden's entire spine stiffened in embarrassment as a low, suggestive whistle echoed from behind her.

She quickly turned around.

"Well aren't you just the cutest damned thing," the man chuckled, assessing her person.

Eden blinked.

The man was very tall and from where she stood she could tell he kept himself in pristine shape.

He had tar black hair and a light dusting of dark stubble along his jawline.

Eden's mouth parted in shock when she saw his eyes.