17

"How long are we going to be gone?" Eden asked

"How long are we going to be gone?" Eden asked. This whole idea worried her.

"I do not know. Months perhaps," Malcolm replied.

"Wait but what about my sister? And my nephew?"

Malcolm looked at her.

"I will send word to my staff and invite her to stay at the castle. I promise her and her son will be safer there."

Eden nodded. She wished she had time to say goodbye to them. To at least explain what little she could, and hopefully ease their worries.

"I had a staff member transport your belongings to the plane already," Malcolm said.

Eden smiled softly.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~

Eden had fallen asleep in the car. She awoke curled up against the door and her head resting against the window.

The sun was setting. The sky looked like it was on fire.

"Are we at the airport?" She asked groggily.

Malcolm reached over and unbuckled her seat belt for her.

"Something like that, yes."

But Eden didn't see a massive airport outside. It looked like a private site for personal aircraft.

The man owned a helicopter why would it surprise her if he owned his own airport as well.

Eden got out of the car it was chilly and the wind blew against her clothes and hair.

She wished she had more time to prepare. To think things over, and contemplate what her life had now become.

But there was no time for that. Pythia's demons had already begun to act violently against the country of Wales.

And things were bound to escalate.

"This way, love," Malcolm urged as he wrapped his arm over her shoulders.

They walked around the car and began to approach a massive plane.

It was sleek and black and Eden didn't even want to imagine how much it cost.

There were a few people bustling about. They all looked very busy and in a hurry.

A man with a baseball cap and worn leather gloves approached Malcolm.

"The plane will be ready for take off in five minutes. Everything is ready for your flight, Alpha."

"Wonderful, I think we will board now, thank you," he replied.

The man nodded and took off in another direction.

"Are you ready?" Malcolm asked.

Eden nodded.