•20•

"Urania is where?" Malcolm asked Erato. His sounded as though he didn't believe her.

Erato sat back in her seat. Tucking a curtain of pastel pink hair behind her ear.

"She's been going to parties and balls in Paris."

Eden looked out of the window of the Jet. The clouds moving slowly past in fluffy tufts of white.

"Are all of the muses just living it up?" Eden asked with a laugh.

"I guess so. We jump around from place to place. See how the people and world have changed," Erato replied.

Malcolm sighed heavily.

"Paris is by no means nearby, we will be on this jet for around twelve hours."

Malcolm looked to Eden.

"I will be in the cockpit, come get me if you need anything," he said, pressing a kiss against the side of her head.

Eden nodded and watched as he got up and walked across the cabin.

Erato looked excitedly at Eden. Eden couldn't help but to smile awkwardly.

Erato was wearing a fluffy white hoodie with cat ears on the hood. It suited her. She sat cross legged and her Carmel eyes sparkled with expectancy.

"So do you really not remember me at all?" She asked in fascination.

Eden furrowed her brow and shook her head.

"I'm afraid not. How many times have we met?"

"This is our fourth," Erato answered.

"Erato can I ask you something?" Eden asked softly.

"Mhmm."

"What happened to the other muses?"

The sparkle in Erato's eyes flickered and died.

"Pythia," Erato said, pulling her knees into her chest and hugging them.

"How were you and the three remaining kept safe?"

"Only four muses are required to perform the ritual. On the first cycle we lost two muses as well as you. On the fourth we lost Polyhymnia. And during the fifth cycle, Calliope, and Euterpe."

Erato's voice was trembling. Her face pale.

Eden leaned forward and took her hand.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.

Eden suddenly felt overwhelming guilty. All of those muses had been murdered because they were trying to help her. They died for her.

"It's okay. We will do whatever is asked of us by Apollo without fail. This time we will succeed. This time we will succeed and won't lose anymore sisters."

There was a brief silence that hung in the air around them.

"What powers do the muses have?" Eden asked. Trying to move away from the heart wrenching topic.

"We all have our different strengths and weaknesses, but in general we all have the ability to enact spells and rituals. We get our power from the sun. From Apollo."

Eden nodded.

"Thank you. For helping me," Eden said sincerely.

Erato gave Eden a half smile.

"You're welcome. But you should know the only reason we help is because we are loyal to Malcolm." Erato's voice never failed to lose its gentle soft tone.