•18•

It was late. The plane had landed several minutes ago and Malcolm and Eden were preparing to get off.

When Eden walked down the last few steps of the boarding ramp she noted her surroundings.

The air was hot and warm. She could see city lights and the salty sweet smell of the ocean tickled her nose.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Los Angeles California," Malcolm answered.

Eden scrunched her nose.

"How do you know one of the muses is here?"

Malcolm took her back from her hands without saying a word.

"Erato always finds her way to a location like this. Besides, I had one of my sources tell me of a location she may be."

She nodded. Her head felt fuzzy and though she wanted to get this entire ordeal done with as soon as possible she was utterly exhausted. All she could focus on was keeping her eyes open.

"What time is it?" Eden asked.

"Nine thirty-two," Malcolm answered, placing a hand against her lower back, guiding her toward a limousine.

"A limo?" Eden laughed. Malcolm was the most extravagant man she had ever met.

"When a good friend of mine found out I was visiting he insisted he have his chauffeur pick us up. We will also be staying at his residency."

The chauffeur opened the door for them and the two climbed inside.

Eden let out a yawn as she buckled her seat belt. The chauffeur loading their bags into the back.

Her eyes were heavy. Her limbs weighed down with exhaustion. It had been a horribly long flight. Even in the luxurious jet.

"Come here, love," Malcolm said softly as the chauffeur started the car.

Eden didn't even hesitate. She allowed her head to fall into his lap. Her eyes already closing.

Malcolm's deft fingers began to lightly comb through the long dark strands of her hair.

She wanted to remain conscious to enjoy the endearing touch. But mere moments later she had fallen fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~

Eden's eyes gradually opened. She realized she was being set down onto a bed. She sleepily took in the dimly lit room around her. It was sleek and white with light blue accents. A massive pair of glass doors were on one of the walls. Leading to the beach.

She realized Malcolm had carried her from the car into the house. She felt his warmth draw away from her as he placed her body under the fluffy white duvet.