Chapter 21 - You Will Never Get a Super Suit

I stepped out of the elevator and into the core of the Central City Police Department. Even though it appeared that the rest of my days would be spent being a member of Team Flash, I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket and put the rest of my life on hold. I already got my bachelors degree in forensic science and now I'm hoping to participate in an internship. I want to be able to learn from professional forensics. Luckily for me, I knew a guy.

"Hey, Bare!" I called walking into his lab. It was cluttered with forensic machines and shelves with test tubes and chemicals. Barry was sitting at his desk and turned around in his chair when he heard me.

"Hey, Blake. What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Um, well," I started and came to stop beside his desk. "I was wondering... if you maybe would let me, um. Let me shadow you during cases?" I proposed weakly. I don't know why I was so nervous, he was a friend. I guess I've just been preparing for this moment for so long that I just froze.

"You mean... like an internship?"

"Yes!" I cheered and he smiled.

"I'll have to ask Joe and Captain Sigh but I'm sure you'll be able to," he informed. "What made you get into forensic sciences?"

"Well, you know. My father's been missing for a couple years now and there still hasn't been any advances in his case. So you know what they say, 'if you want something done right, do it yourself'"

He smiled again, "You sound a lot like a younger me."

"You joined because of your mother?" I wondered.

"Yeah."

"Well, you did catch the real killer and clear your dad's name," I recalled. "Someday I will find out what really happened that night and to my father."

The phone on his desk started ringing and he picked it up. He listened to the person on the other end of the line and his face stiffened.

"Yeah, captain. I'll be right over," He stated and hung up. Allen got out of his chair and grabbed his black coat.

"What's happening?" I asked as he approached the door.

"They found a body," he informed and my eyes widened. Barry stood in the doorway looking at me, "You can come if you want."

"Uh, you to start the internship right now?" I asked and he paused then nodded. "I'll grab my coat..."

-------------------------------

We arrived at the cop filled crime scene and Joe found us. I tried to keep my head low and not make eye contact with any of the other officers. It was a privilege that Barry was letting me be here.

"What's she doing here?" Joe immediately asked.

"Willow is going to be observing how a professional forensic scientist works." I sheepishly smiled.

"Don't touch anything," He warned and showed us towards the body. I took out my clipboard and took notes of the layout and what Allen was doing.

"Security guards found him here this morning. We haven't ID'd him yet." The victim's body was covered with a yellow tarp and when Barry lifted the cover it was not a pretty sight. I closed my eyes briefly and tried to digest the gore. I noted the claw and teeth marks on the corpse. "His personal effects are scattered everywhere, so we didn't find his wallet. But we may find it when we find the rest of his briefcase..." Joe walked towards another aspect of the crime scene. There was the top piece of a silver case with handcuffs attached to the handle. "And his missing hand," Joe finished.