Chapter 3 - Pornstars & Projects

The day went quite fast after the morning drama with Trent.
I found myself rushing to class after an accident that involved chocolate pudding and my shirt.
I still couldn't believe that when I got to the cafeteria Yoko and Penelope were hanging out with Sarah.
That wasn't even the worst part,they introduced her to me and she was the nicest person I had ever met.
I know she'll make Trent happy,she's perfect.
Perfect for him.
I turned down the hallway and heard something of mine fall.I turned to see my book in the hands of a tall,skinny boy.
"Uh-thank you",I mumbled as I took the book from him.
"Forgot how to eat Mia?"
"No",I rolled my eyes and stared down at the stain on my shirt ignoring the fact that he called me by my name.
"Interesting."
"There's nothing interesting about me",I shook my head.
"I disagree."
I stared at him.
"I'm Jamie by the way."
"I remember you."
"You do?"
"And I swear that I know a porn star named Jamie."
"I wouldn't be surprised if you do Khalifa",he smiled.

"That's real original",I rolled my eyes.
"Thank you",he smiled.
He stared at me,I stared at him.

"I should um-get going",I said tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear,it was something I did when I became nervous.
"Yeah sure,see you around",Jamie smiled as I turned and headed toward the library.
I found Yoko with her head buried in a book which was usual but Penelope wasn't with her which made me wonder about her whereabouts.
"What's cookin' good lookin'."
Yoko looked up at me and smiled.
"Come sit down Chi Chi,you have to check out this book I found",she squealed softly.
"Literature?",I asked getting excited.
"No it's Astronomical Science",she said holding it up.
"Agh.Um-where's Penelope?",I asked looking around.
"She's with Adam",Yoko rolled her eyes.
"What?Are they already official?It's been a day",I exclaimed.
"No,we have this project and well he asked her to be his partner and I know how much this means to her so I took one for the team.She owes me."
"Then who's your partner?"
"We're allowed to go solo so that's probably what I'm going to do",Yoko shrugged as she inserted her bookmarker in the book.
"We can tag team if you want",I shrugged.
"You don't even do Biology."
"By choice!But what I'm saying is that I could just assist with all the stuff that doesn't really require a lot of time and energy",I smiled.
"Well you are a genius,and it is a good excuse to take you to my house,so let's do it",Yoko nodded.
"Uncapped Wi-Fi here I come."
"Hey girls",I turned to see Penelope coming toward us.
"How's Adam?",I asked with a laugh.
"Oh my gosh Mia,he is so dreamy",she sighed.
Yoko began to laugh while I made puking sounds which got us a dirty look from the librarian.
"Stop being mean guys",Penelope said pouting.
"Ohh hush hush we're kidding you know we want you to be happy",I shrugged.
"I want y'all to be happy",she smiled.
"I'm sure one of us can achieve that",I rolled my eyes.
The two girls gave me a look and I smiled.
"I'm crave chocolate you guys, do y'all want anything?"
"Blue starburst please",Yoko chirped.
"And you madam?",I asked Penelope.
"I'm coming with you",she replied.
I nodded and stood up as we made our exit.
"I think I'm getting my period",I complained.
"I think Adam and I almost kissed."
"You're kidding."
"We had a moment and well...but nothing happened",Penelope shook her head as we neared the vending machine.
"Just be careful around this Adam boy,I only trust him as far as I can throw him and you know I have low metabolism",I raised an eyebrow.
"Speaking of you,what's up?"
"What do you mean what's up?",I asked as I put a ten dollar bill into the vending machine.
"You've been acting weird ever since...ever since you came to lunch."
I kept my focus on the vending machine in front of me,I didn't want to tell Penelope I spoke to Trent because she would make a big deal out of it.
"Mia."
"Okay,okay,I met this boy",I shrugged as I pressed a button.
"Ohhh yay,what's his name?Is he handsome?Is he a good kisser?"
"Jamie.He's extremely handsome but his brother looks better than him though.He's an average kisser I guess."
"He has a brother?Wait you guys kissed?"
"Yes to your first question and obviously not to your second."
"Can I have his brother?"
"You're in love with Adam so keep your hands to yourself."
"Okay Selena Gomez,but I wanna see this guy and his brother."
"What do you want?-Yeah they're new and I'm pretty sure Jamie is a year older than us because Jared is in most of my classes,as well as your friend Sarah by the way."
"Lays-Sarah is cool huh talk to her."
"Fine."
I replied as I handed her the packet of chips.
"Thank you",she smiled.
"Hmmm."
"Hey I know you're self effaced but I also know that you're really cool Mia",Penelope said as she interlocked our arms.
"The coolest",I rolled my eyes.
"I hate your sarcasm."