34

thirty four

Flynn and I tiptoed out of the room, but only until he shut the door behind us because as soon as it was closed, he took off practically bolting through the air with me dragging behind him. I clung onto him as I held his hand in a tight death grip, and he continued to lead me out of the room, but as we got farther away, a sick feeling began to sink into me at the thought of leaving Wyatt behind.

He's not too nice, I told myself, but he seems to have a reason not to be.

We entered a long hall, one with just dirty doors upon doors, and I couldn't help but lean closer into Flynn as fear took a hold of me, it grabbed onto me and I couldn't shake it off. A metallic smell lingered in the air, suffocating me. "Flynn," I whispered, "I'm really scared."

He shushed me quickly, "Don't you worry, I know my way around Alpha Kendrick's dungeons."

I nodded my head, "Okay, I trust you."

Flynn squeezed my hand in reassurance as he turned a corner with me close in tow, pulling me along until he found a set of stairs that seemed to go straight to the top of the entire building, but I knew that was impossible.

Stairs are what got me into this very mess, I thought with a pout as a frown formed on my lips, but I guess I have to.

Step by step, I walked up the stairs as I let Flynn help pull me up as though I was a small child, but he nearly knocked me over in the process as I stumbled up with every second step. My foot would hit the stairs lightly, then I would stretch my legs out so that I could skip a step and jump onto the one above it, they were my best attempts at trying to copy Flynn's large steps.

"We're almost there," Flynn would tell me with every few steps as though he wasn't only trying to just comfort me, but he was also trying to ease his own anxiety as we walked through yet another unfamiliar hallway.

"Why do Alpha's have such big houses?" I asked him, wheezing it out as I clutched onto my side.

Flynn looked back at me with a small, hesitant smile, "I'm trying to get you out of here before Alpha Kendrick finds out that you're not still locked away, and you're asking me about his house? Amoret, it's because this is a pack house, a lot of pack members live here."

"That makes sense," I mumbled as I continued to distract myself from everything that was going on, and not to mention from the aching stitch in my side. "What do you think Macia and Henrick are doing right now?"

"Not facing this probl-," he started to mutter as he scanned the area, but instead he picked up his pace, and I watched as his head lifted up in the air as he turned to look back at me with wide, panic filled, hazel eyes, "Oh no."

"Wha-What do you mean?" I stumbled over my words the same way I staggered across the floor while I tried my hardest to keep up with him, "Flynn, is something wrong?"

"Amoret," Flynn said with a completely serious face, "I overestimated my plan."

"What do you mean?" I asked, wide-eyed as I stared at him, my hand gripped onto him again and as soon as I did that, I noticed the way his steps had stopped completely.

His abrupt stop had made me tumble as he pulled at my hand, stopping me from moving forward. As he did this, a loud bang filled the air, echoing throughout the long hallway before Flynn moved to be in front of me. "Someone is here," he answered with a shaky voice, "and I don't know whether that's good or bad."

My body shook as a thought popped into mind, Flynn really is a scaredy cat.

As I stood there, my body seemed to relax as the urge to move forward took over. "Follow," I commanded and glanced at my best friend, "I think I know who it is, and I promise you, Flynn, he won't harm us."

"Who is it?" He asked curiously as we switched roles, it was now I who was leading him and he was following me carefully, realization dawned on him as he answered his own question, "Right, your, uh, mate."

"My mate," the words rolled off my tongue as a smile broke out on my face, "that's right, he is my mate."

"I've been mea-" another crash, "-uh, meaning to ask, is he treating you okay?"

"He's been treating me, um, " I took a pause while I asked myself the same question.

Has he been treating me good? I mean, I think so, he hasn't hurt me purposely or tried to do anything I didn't like, that must mean he's good? My stomach ached as a new question came to mind, but are you still scared of him?

"I don't know," I finally said. "Truthfully, I really, really, like him, but can I ever forgive him?"

"Forgive him?" Flynn questioned, "For what exactly?"

Another crash. "He did something bad, to my family, to my Mama," I confided in a quiet voice, "and I don't know what to do about it."

"Well, what was it?"

"He killed my brother," I whispered sadly and stopped walking, looking back at Flynn with my tear-filled eyes, "it was an accident, but he still did it, and then my brother's death haunted my mother for years, so badly that she didn't want me to leave the house."

Flynn frowned, "And, you're sure that she was haunted by his death, or was she more upset because she felt guilty?"

Why would Mama feel guilty?

W O R D  C O U N T : 1081

Sorry, this has been awhile

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sorry, this has been awhile.

Thanks everyone for waiting!

Okay, so like, I wasn't going to post this until I had all of the ending chapters ready, so that I could be completely done, but I just posted another part to Mated To Morpheus and I thought 'might as well'.

To make up for my lack of writing, and my insecurities when it comes to this book, enjoy this part!

Also, I'd highly appreciate it if any of you would check out Mated To Morpheus!

My Little Love (Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें