07

Walking in my room I sighed and fell back onto my bed. We had just won our first soccer game and the team was ecstatic, I on the other hand was exhausted. So I came home to nap instead of celebrating.

Since I was asleep and snoring, I didn't hear the knock at my door.

"Didn't even shower huh" I opened my eyes and jumped seeing the figure standing there. Relaxing once I realized who it was I asked "what are you doing here"

"I just wanted to congratulate you on your win, maybe go grab some food" I looked at the small smile on her face. Looking down at my body noticing I still had my compression shorts and tank top on.

"I have to take a quick shower, then we can go" she nodded in response.

———————————————

"So you're telling me you could easily break my neck" I asked

"Yes" the cuban said with no hesitation. "You have a bird neck" I opened my mouth in shock at her and felt my neck.

"I'm just joking" she laughed. I smiled shaking my head biting into my burger.

"What's your favorite color" Camila asked me once we finished our food. "Yellow and Blue"

"What's your middle name" I asked. "Camila, if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be"

I smiled thinking about the city "Easy, Spain, Madrid or Cádiz"

"You would have to know Spanish to live there" I nodded with a small smile on my face "I know a little, pequeña"

She laughed catching attention of others in the diner. I looked at her confused.

"Nothing, you're cute" she told me causing me to smile. "You're not so bad yourself Cabello"

We sat there in silence just looking at each other. Until the noise coming from my phone interrupted.

vanessa: are u busy?
5:05pm

I looked up at the smaller girl seeing her play with her leftover milkshake.

y/n: what's up?
5:06pm

Sighing I put my phone away and looked back at Camila.

"Do you have to go" she asked with a small frown on her face. Frowning with her "I-i'm not sure."

"Uh anyways, do you know what college you want to go to yet" I asked her shaking off the random text.

"I was thinking maybe somewhere in Florida since that's where my family is" she replied smiling.

"You wouldn't go somewhere in New York, with your sister" she shook her head.

"Where do you wanna go" she asked. I honestly hadn't thought about college.

"Um maybe somewhere back in Canada" I shrugged.

Before she could reply my phone went off again.

vanessa: just wondered if you wanted to come over and watch movies or something
5:17pm

y/n: call me
5:20pm

I put my phone away again. Preparing myself to get a call. "What's Florida like"

"It's very very humid, there's a lot of little ponds or lakes everywhere. A lot of the houses have enclosed backyards because of the alligators. It's very busy too" she briefly explained.