Chapter 1: Curious

You swipe your card through the metal scanner on the door of your hotel room and sigh a sigh of relief when the red light turns green and the door clicks to unlock. Your best friend, Sam and you walk through the hotel room and drop your bags, stumbling over to the two queen beds that filled the room. You collapsed on the bed face first and mumbled into the sheets. "What?" Sam yells as she falls back onto the bed staring at the ceiling. "Why did we have to leave so early?" You clarify as you lift your head slightly and then drop it back onto the bed once you finish your question. Sam's arms raise to signify that she doesn't know the answer and she turns over on her side to face you. "Y/N, we need drinks." She says in a completely serious tone. You lift your head to look at her and you raise your eyebrows. "It's 9am...drinks it is." You said while forming a smile. "Let's go get the rest of the girls." You rise from your bed, grab your purse and begin to make your way down the hall to the other bridesmaid's rooms.

It's your cousin's wedding celebrations, you were honored when she asked you to be in the wedding but even more honored when she invited your best friend to join you and the bridal party for the bachelorette party. You get to the room two doors down from you, you hear music blasting and girls squealing on the other side. You knock once and wait patiently for someone to answer, no luck. You knock twice, then a third time and finally, your cousin swings the door open. She's holding a bottle of champagne and wearing a veil that screams "I'm the bride!" A smile forms on your face as you grab the bottle of champagne and take a swig of it. "Let's get this party started!" You yelled while raising the bottle in the air. Just then you hear a group of men coming around the corner screaming and howling. You turn your direction to the noise and see 6 men turn the corner carrying their luggage and being rowdy enough to wake the entire hotel. Before you can even make out their faces your cousin pulls your arm into the room with Sam following behind you. She slams the door and the only thing you can hear is the music blasting, your cousin and her friends singing along and the faint noise of 6 grown men howling in the hallway.

About an hour passes and your morning pregame turns into making a game plan for the rest of the day. You were in Ocean City, Maryland and you knew you had to do this bachelorette party big. You all settle on hanging at the pool bar all day and then going to the club in your hotel's lobby in the evening. You say goodbye to your cousin and her friends and make your way back to your room to throw your bathing suits on and get ready for the day. You step foot into the room and you hear loud music blaring through the walls. "Looks like we have some more partiers on the other side of us" Sam yells over the music. You smile and shake your head as you bop along to the song that is being played in the other room.

You slip on your black one-piece bathing suit that has a lace up feature in the front showing off your cleavage. You run the straightener through your hair, slip on a pair of silver hoops in and throw your flip-flops on and your bag around your body. You and Sam both take one last look in the mirror before you meet the rest of the bridal party in the hall. You make your way to the elevators while your cousin hands you the bottle of champagne again. You take one last swig before the elevator doors open and you all step in. As the doors begin to close you hear the very familiar howling you heard earlier that morning. You look at Sam and smile "This is going to be an interesting day." You say as the doors close.

You make your way through the lobby and out of the side doors that lead you to the pool bar. You all grab drinks and find 2 high top tables next to each other and plant yourselves there for the majority of the day. The music is loud, the water is hitting your feet and you are 3 drinks in and feeling really good. You're swaying to the music when Sam's hand on your arm catches you off guard. "Y/N...that guy over there has been staring at you since he sat down. I think you should go over and talk to him." Your eyes follow to where Sam is looking and you see a very handsome, brown-haired man staring at you. A slow smile sweeps across his face as your eyes meet. You recognize his face but you can't pinpoint where you know him from until it hits you. You look down at his bare chest, your eyes then moving to his tattooed arms and it clicks. You knew exactly who it was. "Sam...I know him." You whisper while pulling your friend close to you so she can hear what you are saying over the loud music. Her eyes grew wide and curious. "Sam...that's Tyler Seguin. He plays hockey for the Dallas Stars." Her grip tightens on your arm and you know exactly why.

You've always loved hockey since you were a kid. You grew up in a household where hockey games were as important as going to church. When the game was on you and your siblings gathered around the TV while your parents made popcorn and settled in to watch your home team win. You always joked with your friends about how you were going to marry a hockey player and be a hockey wife, going to all of his games, wearing his jersey, being his biggest fan. You never imagined that joke would turn into a reality as the hottest hockey player in the league sat just feet away from you. Staring at you. Making you...curious.