Chapter 8: Too Fast

The week was going by slow and you only heard from Tyler in the evenings, he had started training camp and his mornings and afternoons were booked. He FaceTimed you every evening around 10 pm and you would talk for about an hour before you'd fall asleep on the phone with him. That was the routine for the next 3 days. Thursday finally rolled around and you were awake and in your car by 6 am to pick him up from the airport. He insisted on taking the earliest flight so he could spend the most time with you. You pulled up to the red light leading into the airport pickup section and lifted your Yeti mug filled with an iced salted caramel latte. You were excited to see Tyler but also exhausted since you barely got any sleep the night before due to your excitement. You entered the parking lot and pulled over by the "Pickup" sign. You pulled out your phone to see a text from Tyler.

Grabbing my bags and then heading out :) Where will you be waiting?

Gate B, by the green pickup sign. I'll be outside of the car waiting :)

Can't wait!! :)

You gave him five minutes and then stepped out of the car and went around to the passenger side. You were facing the doors of the airport, your coffee in your hand and the warm August air circling you. You took a sip of your coffee and then the airport doors flew open. Tyler came strutting out in a black fitted t-shirt, gray gym shorts, a black snapback sitting backward on his head while carrying a duffel bag over his shoulder. He saw you immediately and began to walk a little faster when a group of what you presumed to be teenage girls came rushing up to him. You started to chuckle as you watched the girls fangirl around him. He agreed to sign autographs and take some pictures. You couldn't believe that in the Philadelphia Airport you'd see Dallas Stars fans waiting for Tyler.

Tyler gave a final wave goodbye while pointing towards you and then began a slow jog over to your car. He threw his bag to the ground and lifted you into a hug, careful enough to make sure your coffee didn't spill. He set you back down on your feet and kissed the top of your head before bending to pick up his bag. "Welcome to Philly!" You said while lifting your arms in the arm and smiling. Tyler chuckled and walked around to your trunk that you had already opened while waiting for him. He threw his bag in and walked back to you, placing his arms around your waist. "So happy to be here." He said with a smirk, leaning down to peck you on the lips real quick before you both realized you had to move from the pickup area now that he was with you. You both climbed into the car to make your way back to your house.

The car was silent, you both were enjoying each others presence when Tyler reached over and turned the radio on. He started scrolling through the stations until he settled on Philly's throwback station. He started bobbing his head back and forth until the chorus hit. He was now in full concert. "You...you got what I need...but you say he's just a friend OH but you say he's just a friend." Tyler sang at the top of his lungs, you couldn't help but laugh hysterically at him as he used his phone as a microphone. You were at a stoplight and you watched as the car next to you peered through their window to stare at Tyler. They were laughing along with you as the driver pulled out their phone to start recording. Tyler took notice and rolled down the window, singing at the other car now. He started waving his arm outside of the window as you drove away from the car next to you. When the song ended he rolled the window up and tried to act as if this was totally normal. A smile crept on your face and your uncontrollable laughter couldn't be held in. "What? You don't appreciate a little Biz Markie?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Just as you were about to answer his phone started ringing. "Ah it's my sister, I was supposed to let her know when I landed." He hurried to answer the phone waiting for his sister to start yelling at him on the other end. "Candace...yes I know..yes...okay mom. Calm down. I'm fine. Yes, I'm with her...no...NO. Candace..." His voice was shaky now. He looked over at you and pressed the mute button on his phone. "My sister wants to say hi." He rolled his eyes and waited for your reply. "Okay...put her on speaker." You had no problem meeting new people, and you were actually excited to see what his sister had to say.