Chapter 12: Game Day

You were barely getting any sleep. You kept thinking about the message Greg sent you. You know you shouldn't let it get to you since he was probably just saying all of this to get to you but you couldn't help wonder if what he was saying was true. You rolled over to your side and saw Tyler sleeping soundly. You couldn't help but smile. You shook the thought of Greg's message out of your head and curled up closer to Tyler, who soon draped his arm over your side, smiling in his sleep. Just as you were about to drift off to sleep you heard Tyler's phone ping. You opened your eyes to see if he was awake to get it but he wasn't. You knew nothing at this point was going to wake him up.

Something got the best of you. You never are the jealous type and you would never dare go through someone's phone but Greg's words echoed in your head and you couldn't help it. You slipped out of Tyler's bed and tip toed around to his nightstand. His phone pinged once more and you looked over to make sure Tyler was still sleeping. When you realized he was you leaned over and saw it was 2 texts one from each of his sisters, both asking the same question.

Candace: Ty, did you tell her yet?

Cassidy: Yea did you?

You stepped back trying to figure out if the "her" they were referring to was you or someone else. You were startled when you heard rustling from behind you. You turned to see Sam standing by the door, her arms crossed and a worried look on her face. "Y/N, come with me." She said quickly as she stepped into the hall. You quickly followed her, concerned for what she was about to tell you. "I just got a call from Greg..." the words rolled off her tongue and she shivered at the thought of telling you. You looked at her confused for a second, then pulled Tyler's door shut and walked with her to the guest room where she was staying. "What the fuck did he want?" You asked with anger behind your tone. Things were finally going good for you and now this guy had to come back and ruin things. Sam sat on the bed and hesitated for a minute before finally telling you why he called.

"He's flying to Dallas." She broke the news and the room was silent."I'm sorry...he's what?" You asked raising your voice and confused. "He said he's coming with Ryan. The Stars are playing the Flyers tomorrow and he jumped on the chance to come to the game since he knew you were here. He said he needs to talk to you about Tyler." Your face turned white. You sat back on the bed and tears started welling in your eyes. Sam wrapped her arms around you and pulled you in for a hug. "I'm not letting you see him. This is ridiculous. I told him not to come. I told him to stop fucking with you, that you don't deserve this." You could tell she was starting to get choked up. She cleared her throat and pulled back from your hug. "I'm not letting him ruin this for you." She said quietly. You had no words to say. Your heart sunk in your chest. "I'm going to go to bed. I need to sleep on this." You said while standing and walking towards the door. You made your way through the hallway to see Cash waiting outside of Tyler's door, he must have followed you out without you realizing. You clicked your teeth and he stood, you opened the door quietly and saw Tyler still sleeping. You climbed back in bed with Cash jumping up and sleeping at your feet. You tried your best to forget about everything but you couldn't. You couldn't believe the guy who never fought for you is choosing to do so while you were happy with someone else.

-----------------------------

You felt tapping on your arm, you slowly opened your eyes to see Tyler standing over you with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Morning sunshine." He smiled and placed the mug on the nightstand. He sat on the edge of the bed and laid his hand on your arm. You shivered a bit and he pulled the covers up over your shoulder. You both sat in silence for a few minutes before he began to talk. "I know Greg is coming here." He said softly. You felt your body tighten. You were nervous about him knowing. "I'm not going to let him say anything to upset you. You'll be sitting with Katie and the other girls tonight. Before the game you'll be in the tunnel with us, after the game meet me back at the tunnel. I don't want you to run into him and deal with his comments. You deserve a fun night. It's the first time you're seeing me play...live. I won't let him ruin it." He had it all figured out. You smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "He won't ruin it." You whispered. The thoughts of his sister's texts and Greg's words were floating around your head but in that moment it was just the two of you so you relaxed to enjoy his presence.