Truth

They had left me in there for a few hours. All I could think about was going home. I missed my old life. I knew I had messed up and should have just been nice. Maybe, I would have had a better chance of escaping. Now, I had no where to go. The door was locked. I had tried for what seemed like a century to get it open, with no luck. I had run out of tears and now I was beginning to get angry. At myself.
    I began screaming out of anger. Out of hurt. I was terrified. "That's enough, Jenna." I heard Nick say from the other side of the door. I did as he said. I curled my knees up to my chest and buried my head down. I heard the door unlock. I was begging in my mind that he wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I wanted that door open. Just not in this way. "I'm sorry about everything. Things will be different, I promise. I just lost may cool. There won't be any rules other than you can never leave."
      I gritted my teeth. I was so angry and terrified. I chose not to say anything this time. "Jenna? You don't even have to love me today. I know it'll take time. I love you, beautiful. I'm never gonna let you go. It will be me and you, and of course Jase cause he's the body guard basically." He chuckled at that statement. I remained silent. What kinda of mental issues does this man have? It's not like he's ugly and I am definitely not the prettiest girl out there. I just don't understand why.
    "Babe? Look you can hit me as much as you want for as long as you want. I deserve it. Maybe it'll help us move forward?" "Where's Jase? I asked. I looked up to see his face harden. "Why do you ca..." I decked him right in the jaw. "You sorry son of an bitch!" All my plans to escape, left. All I seen was red. I was livid, scared, but in this moment, all I could think of was that I could hit with no consequences. That's exactly what I did.
    I began swinging, not knowing or caring where I actually hit. Nick tried to block them, but was failing. "Please, stop." He begged. "No! You're gonna feel how I feel! I just want you to feel as shitty as I do! I want you to feel just the slightest bit of my pain!" I grabbed his hair and slammed his face on the ground. Then I began slapping him everywhere I could. "You. Ruined. My. Life." I said in between hits.
     "I'm gonna make sure I kill you!" As soon as that escaped my mouth, his eyes looked at me, and he grabbed my wrists. "Beautiful, I hope you didn't mean that." He's bipolar. I sensed the threat in his voice. I broke that gaze and looked down. I finally snapped into reality. "I....I...."
    Nick put his finger on my lips. "Shh. I know you're scared, mad, confused. I'm gonna take all those away one day. You'll be filled with happiness and love."
    "Hey, Nick? The wedding boutique called and wants to know when Jenna would like to come in to try on wedding dresses." I heard Jase yell, but I could sense a little hurt in his voice. "DO. WHAT? WE NEVER AGREED TO THIS?! THIS IS ILLEGAL!"
      "Love is legal? I don't know what you're talking about?" Nick legit looked confused. "Why me? I'm done with the bullshit, both of you! Tell me what the hell is going on. Like now!" Jase came in the doorway and propped up against it. I crossed my arms. "Are you two gonna look at me like I'm the crazy one? Or are we gonna start answering shit?" I was over it at this point. I wanted to know why and what I needed to do to change his mind. "Heck, it might make me feel a little better about being here." I lied.
     That for Nicks attention. Jases' also. They both lit up. "Okay. Fine. Let's go to the living room." I went willing for once and we all sat down on the leather couch. "Talk. Now." I said sternly. "Besides since you've come to live with us, and the night in the taxi, we've only spoke once. I've been so intimidated for so long by you and your beauty, that I couldn't take it anymore." He attempted to put his hand on mine, but I jerked it back. Jase was watching me closely to see my reactions.
    "It's been about 2 years ago. You were 19. I was working at the Fray's Shoe Store. I was 24. We talked that day for hours after I came up to you and asked if you needed any help. You were so sweet. Everyone else was mean to me called me a loser. I was an outcast. You changed that for me, and made me wanna change. So, I did."
     My eyes widened. "That was you?!" He smiled. "A lot changed in two years." I fainted.