29 | Unntees

A/N - Firstly, this chapter is dedicated to the co-founder of wattpad allenlau who visited India recently and I am so happy Wattpad is expanding it's bases in India! I didn't get to meet him but other ambassadors did and it was so lovely to see. Wattpad also recently hired a regional manager in India and it all seems so exciting. I feel prouder than ever to be writing an Indian based book <3

Secondly, I know this is a very late update but uni has kept me so busy, last semester folks, then Aashi graduates. And can we please talk about Sara Ali Khan? I am fan girling so hard, she is so optimistic and smart, I have been binging on her interviews! The new goal in life is to become as jolly as her. AND Vicky Kaushal came on Koffee with Karan AND URI IS COMING OUT IN JANUARY! Last semester can go to hell, I'm going first day first show!

Love, Aashi x

29 | Unntees

Her lehenga swept the ground behind her, her bangles clinged to each other and made a bride's music. Tara looked extremely beautiful in all the Reds and silvers and all the heads turned to watch her as she walked her way to Lekh in the wedding ceremony. She walked on the flower bed beneath the lights that formed a bokeh to beautify her night furthermore.

Lekh himself couldn't believe what he was seeing. He had seen Tara a thousand times before and a hundred times he'd felt like he was falling in love with her. But at this moment as she walked towards him, her head bowed slightly and her eyes lowered was the one time he was sure that he was completely and utterly madly in love with her. And he knew for once there was no denying it. He was in love with this woman. He was in love with Tara and he was sure that she was was so perfect that tonight the stars themselves had bowed down to witness her beauty.

He hadn't realised that a tear had rolled down his right cheek until Ramya nudged him and yet he couldn't do anything but stare at her.

Ramya smiled at him, "She's beautiful, isn't she? She's glowing." She said and all Lekh could do was muster a smile in response as he continued to stare at her as she approached him. There was something so deep in the way he looked at her as if memorising each of her movements and her little smiles and blinking eyes.

"It's the glow of a to-be mother." Ramya whispered to him, "mixed with the glow of a woman in love."

When Ramya said this, Lekh finally grinned and turned to his sister. He laughed and nodded at her unable to speak anything.

"I haven't seen you so genuinely happy in such a long time. I hope it only gets better from here." Ramya said squeezing his shoulders when suddenly Arti came along to take pictures with the both of them.

"I think we should capture the last few minutes before my brother is turned into a married man."

There was no stopping Arti from having any fun. She was there, always joyful and laughing, the most carefree of her siblings and for once, Lekh didn't mind it. In fact, he happily posed for the picture.

Ramya's hopes were going to be fruitful. It was only going to get better from now on. With what he had planned, Lekh was sure it was going to be merry for Tara and himself soon. Indira wouldn't be able to destroy their lives anymore, with what he had planned, they would be free. And he would finally have the one thing he had always refused to think about - his revenge.

~~~~~~~~

In only a few moments, Tara was standing opposite to him with only a few inches separating them. It was time for them to exchange garlands and everyone was having a gala time. Tara looked beautiful and Lekh was mesmerised. When it was time for her to put the garland around his neck, all his cousins lifted him up and Tara finally looked up. Her eyes shown and in a way it comforted Lekh. He wasn't sure if Tara would be happy on their wedding day. And while he knew she wasn't as happy as he was, it was a relief to know that she wasn't sad either. In fact, it even seemed for a moment that she was enjoying herself.

Tara tried to reach up to Lekh but couldn't and everyone laughed and enjoyed. Some other cousins lifted Tara up and she finally put the garland around his neck and when it was Lekh's turn, Tara obediently stood still and let him engulf her in the rose garland.

The night swept fast. Soon they were sitting by the holy fire, the priest reciting holy chants. The moon shimmered above and flowers were constantly showered. The bride and groom were lost in a trance, their hands in each other's with holy flowers in their palms.

And soon, it was finally time for the seven vows. Lekh and Tara held each other's hands, part of their clothes tried together and together they circled around the holy fire seven times to make promises that they would keep until their last breath. They promised each other prosperity and love and vowed to take care of each other and their children. They vowed to cherish each other and thanked each other for the sacredness that they had brought into each other's life and finally, as they took the seventh and the last round, they accepted each other as husband and wife and vowed to be together forever.

And forever they wished it would be and hoped that whatever omen that came their way here forth, they would fight it together and whatever happiness that came through , they would share it together, forever.