37 | Saitees

A/N - As promised, an update after 70 votes. Luckily, I was online on Wattpad as we reached the goal so here you go! :) Thank you so much for all the love! We are so close to 45k!! 

Next update as soon as we reach 70 votes, folks. Thank you for the support <3 

p.s. I've entered Fitoor into the Wattys.  Idk how many Indian books win but let's see.

Love, Aashix

37 | Saitees

He was back. For good.

It was as if Tara's heart stood on a sword, waiting to be pierced, cut into half. In the twenty-four hours that he was gone, Tara had thought of every possible outcome of Lekh's meeting with Tarini. She had refused to eat and drink and didn't come out of her room. All day, she spent crying and thinking.

Ramya had to use a spare key of her room to check up on Tara, a pregnant woman who had given up on food and water. It took all her energy to convince Tara to at least eat a little for the sake of her baby. It was painful to watch and Ramya couldn't help but pity Tara and her fate that had brought her to this house. Consequently, she worried tirelessly of her nephew or niece's future.

She looked at Tara, her face devoid of colour and her eyes watery and filled with pain.

Tara just couldn't control herself. Her mind was racing; her anxiety was its peak. But it was all over now. He was here. Lekh was here. And he was here to stay.

As soon as he entered the Rajput house, he ignored everyone on his way and went straight to Tara's room. Ramya had called and told him about her ill health, how she was so weak, Ramya thought she'd break.

"Tara." He whispered quietly, it was a little after midnight. He was both physically and mentally exhausted after today. His legs ached from sitting in the plane for more than two hours straight and then from the constriction of his body in the car ride back home from Jaipur. He had a headache too, probably from all the mental load. But nothing mattered, he had to see her first. He had all the time in the world to rest after that.

Tara looked up at him in the dark, the lights of her room switched off. For some reason, she couldn't bear the light and gratefully, Lekh didn't bother to switch them on.

For some reason, she couldn't speak. Her voice was stuck and her throat was sore and dry. She wanted to say something, acknowledge him but she couldn't. She felt helpless as her exhaustion finally caught up to her.

Sensing something wrong, Lekh went and sat next to her. He took her hands in his. "Tara, are you okay?" he asked, worried.

She shook her head. She couldn't lie now. Lekh instantly poured water in the glass on the side stool and gave it to her. Tara drank the whole glass in a jiffy, her body was thirsty and eager to get in anything it could to drink.

After she was done, Tara finally found the energy to speak.

"You are back."

"I told you, I would be."

She smiled slightly and nodded, "Yes, you did." Her voice was longing but the wait was over. Lekh was here with her. She knew from his voice he was going to stay, willingly. Her baby was safe. She was safe.

She wrapped her hands around him, engulfed him a hug and rested her head on his shoulders. She could be there forever, that's how comforting she felt touching him. He body relaxed and her breathing calmed. Her anxiety was put to a rest.

Lekh happily returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her small back towards him. He ran his hands in her hair and kissed her forehead.