New Years Special Edition

The sky was a dark black, illuminated by the stars. The tree's swayed to the rhythm of the wind, and it was a nice calm night for everyone. Almost everyone.

"Are you serious?" The raven haired boy asked, flailing his arms around. "You still haven't taken out the Christmas tree?!"

The blue sapphire eyed girl simply rolled her eyes. "Why do you care?" She responded aggravated, "it's not like you are spending the New Years with me."

"You don't get it do you?" The boy nagged, "I just can't believe a friend of mine isn't able to tell the difference between Christmas and New Years." He looked down, "and you were supposed to be smart..."

The magenta haired girl had heard enough, "you idiot!" She roared, "you don't get the meaning of 'I didn't have enough time?'" She stomped towards him, "why must you always meddle in business that isn't of your own?!"

John crossed his arms, "then your roommate could have done it!"

"I'm not going to force her!" Seraphina shot back.

"Well maybe you should!" John protested.

"No way!"

"Fine!" John growled, "just do something about it!"

They both huffed in frustration. The two bickering friends were at Seraphina's dorm, they were supposedly supposed to bring something to the Wellston New Years Eve Party. But at this rate, they weren't going anywhere.

"Why don't we stop arguing like children," Seraphina suggested angrily, "and bake something for the party?"

The boy merely glared at her, "I'm not baking, you are."

Seraphina began to grow irritated, "and why would I accept that?"

"Because I'm your friend."

Seraphina muttered something under her breath. "Fine, But it's only because your my friend."

She glided towards the kitchen, where she picked up the sugar cookie recipe. John sat on the couch and put his elbow on the side.

"Oh come on!" Seraphina groaned, "I get that you don't want to cook. But you don't have to stare at me while I make the cookies!"

John simply smirked, "I can do whatever I want." He told her.

She huffed in annoyance, and proceeded to collect the ingredients for the recipe. After mixing most of the ingredients, she turned to the counter to put the flour, and it wasn't there.

Now Seraphina was no idiot, so she knew that only one person could have taken it. She turned around fast, hoping that he wasn't somewhere plotting her demise.

Unfortunately, the young boy was gone, and so was the flour.

'Breathe Seraphina," she tried to calm herself down, "just breathe."

After a while, she stood up. She knew one thing, if anything was to attract her friend, it was his impatience. So she sat on the counter, and began to flip through the recipe book. Waiting.

Minutes past, and the young boy hidden in the shadows of the girls room, began to grow impatient. Just as the girl suspected, he slowly crawled through the door, and kneeling down, he saw his friend reading a book.

He moved slowly, trying not to get her attention. His footsteps weren't audible, and his uneven breathes were cut short.

When he was close enough, he jumped up, hiding the flour behind him.