Chapter #20 Seraphina

I clung onto the raven haired boys back. My fingers clawed at his shirt, trying to get a good grip so that I wouldn't fling off at any moment.

        When I looked up to see if the angry Doc was still chasing us, we saw nothing. He must have either given up on us, or simply lost us.

         "Is he following us?" The boy asked calmly, "he did seem pretty angry earlier."

         I shook my head, "he isn't following us anymore. But still, I've got a pretty good hiding spot just in case."

        "Where is it?"

        I smiled, "it's the roof, for some reason, Doc never goes up there. So it's pretty safe."

        He ran up the stairs using his ability (my ability) and without much trouble, we made it.

        "Is this it?" He asked, pointing over to the door in front of us.

        I nodded, and we both entered to the roof. I shivered a little bit, Doc forgot to add the dark blue coat over top of my uniform.

        The sun was just beginning to peak over the city buildings, and the fog and mist of the morning still hadn't left.

        Crow set me down, and I sat at the edge of the fence, still shaking.

       "Hey," he kneeled down to my level, "Do you want to use my jacket?"

        I cocked my head, "no thank you, but why would you offer anyway? Literally yesterday, you were knocking me out cold."

         He shrugged, "everyday I'm different, if I was in the same mood from yesterday, you would still be in the infirmary with even more injuries."

        I sighed, "so your practically moody."

        He shook his head, "no, I'm just different!"

        I rolled my eyes and sat up straighter, "sure, sure, I guess I will have to say yes to that for..."

       Suddenly, a horrible pain in my stomach erupted. And I toppled sideways to the ground, clutching the pain.

       I felt someone's hands on my own. "Are you okay?!"

       I looked up and saw Crow in front of me. Without speaking, I shook my head and pointed to my eyes.

        He stared at me confused, and I pointed out the obvious.

        "My ability," I croaked, "these are the after shocks of using it at its limits." I clutched my head, "a horrible stomach ache, and multiple headaches."

        He narrowed his eyes in worry, and sat me up straight again. But I still couldn't sit up in my own. So he had to sit beside me and hold my weight.

       "Why are you doing this?" I asked, "I just don't really get it, how a person can change in one day."

       He shrugged once again, "I just feel like it, I told you, everyday I'm different."

       It pained me to know that we were going to expel a human this nice.

       'But also very mean,' the voice in my head told me, 'don't forget that.' 

        He flashed me a smile and I forced a smile back, it couldn't hurt to be nice, right?

            "How are you going to manage this after?" He asked, "walking through the halls and faking that your not hurt."