Chapter Thirteen

Cover attached made by Deprevion I love it! Thanks :)

His Game: Chapter Thirteen

The next day, I wait for Joey out by my bike to walk with her. Lots of people are starting to talk about the two of us after we ditched third block for lunch together. Apparently the girls who have played the game are talking, saying how I never skipped class with them.

I just roll my eyes at the rumors Dino and Roger tell me, letting it roll right off my back. People can think what they want, and I'll continue to think what's true.

The outcome of this game with Joey will be no different than any other girl despite the differences in the playing field.

Joey isn't even my type. I like brown hair and blue eyes; she's got strawberry hair with dark brown eyes. Do people really expect me to fall for someone that isn't even my type?

I see Joey roll up on her bike, pulling in dangerously close to me. But as she gets off the bike I don't see her teasing smirk per usual, instead she's stuck with a stoic expression.

"Good morning Grumpy," I snort.

She sets her eyes on me, and I take note to the dark circles under her eyes she attempted to cover up, and probably covered up the worst of them.

"Hey Rhett," she says as she heads on her way into school.

"What? No sarcastic comment for the lame nickname?" I question.

She cracks a small smile but doesn't respond. I furrow my brow at her.

"Okay...so who shoved the stick up your ass?"

She squints at me, "For a player, you really don't know how to talk to girls." And with that she walks away from me and I'm left wondering what I said.

She was fine yesterday at lunch. Even seemed slightly more open and joking than usual.

But instead of worrying about it, I put her obvious sour attitude out of my head.

I've got a calculus test I need to get a C on.

However, once I don't even see Joey at lunch, I decide I may as well go try and find her. A girl with a sour attitude isn't going to bring me to her bedroom.

Plus I kinda like her smile.

"Dude, where are you going?" Dino asks, "It's cheese stick day."

"He's right," Roger says, stuffing one in his face. "You can't pass up cheese stick day."

I roll my eyes, "The cheese sticks will be here for me when I get back. I gotta go make sure my girl for the month isn't about to break up with me for one comment," I mutter.

"What comment?" Dino asks.

"She was pissed off this morning so I asked who shoved a stick up her ass," I say, but as I repeat it, I start to realize how douche-ish it sounds.

Oops.

"Calvetti, dude," Dino starts, licking some crumbs off of his finger from his cheese sticks, "You can't cuss to a girl. You should have stuck with saying butt and maybe she wouldn't be pissed."

Roger roll his eyes, "Or you could have avoided saying the comment altogether. Dick move, man."

I scowl, "Okay, whatever, I messed up. Now shut up so I can go find her and apologize."

I leave the lunch room and wander the halls, choosing to head towards Joey's locker first. I round the corner to come up on the hall her locker is in, and I find her.