Chapter Fifteen

Wonderful cover attached created by  lliillyyy Thanks a bunch! Love the use of Polaroid pictures, shows your attention to the prologue :)

*those of you that read chapter 14 the day it was posted, the ending was altered a tad so go back and re-read it :)

His Game: Chapter Fifteen 

After I left Joey's house, I drove myself to Dino's house where he and Roger are probably playing some stupid video game. My guess would be Fortnite, the two are obsessed like seemingly every other teenage guy in the nation. 

And, soon enough, my theory is confirmed when I walk in on Dino throwing an empty beer can in the direction of the TV as he dies with 8 players still left.

"This game is stupid," he mutters.

"I got Victory Royale the first time I played," I pipe up as I come into view.

Dino snaps his eyes to me and pouts even harder, "Kiss my ass, Calvetti."

I smirk at him, "You're not really my type, no offense."

"So, Romeo, how was the date with Joey's family?" Roger asks, stretching his legs out and placing his feet on the ottoman.

I sit on the couch across from them and kick off my shoes, not bothering to pay attention to where they land, and grin as I lay my arms on the back of the couch and lounge back.

"The game is officially on, fellas."

Roger crosses his arms, "Care to expand on that statement?"

I smirk, "I was hoping you'd ask. After the night went so well, Joey and I kissed."

I wait for their reactions of praise and questions of how great it was. But they stare at me for a few awkward moments.

"That's it?"

"Just a kiss?"

My cocky expression instantly drops and I sit up, "What do you mean 'that's it?'"

"You didn't even try for more?" Dino questions.

"No."

"Why?" Dino exaggerates his question. "You kissed the hottest girl in school, and you, Rhett Calvetti, didn't try to move it to the bedroom?"

My scowl only deepens and I sink into the couch as I cross my arms, "Yes, Dino. That's exactly what happened, and I'm fine with it," I mutter.

Am I fine with it?

They slowly look between one another and then back at me as though I'm going slightly insane.

"Well, how'd it happen? What led up to her letting that happen?" Roger asks.

"You make it sound like some sort of sin," I mutter. "I met her brother and dad, and I guess I left a good impression and we were both feeling pretty good after the night," I start nonchalantly, "and then she walked me to the door and she starting doing that high-pitched chuckle she has and..." I pause and shrug, "I don't know, I just went for it and kissed her."

"High-pitched chuckle?" Roger echoes.

I don't realize the grin that slips onto my lips as I recall it. "Yeah, she has this slight squeak to her laugh and it's way too loud, but kind of cute because it sounds like she's exaggerating it every time."

They blink at me a few times.

"Holy shit."

"You like her."