Chapter twelve: Thor (kinda)

I suck at writing romance...

Anyway, hello everyone. Author-san here, a survivor of finals week!

So in this chapter, we'll be deepening some relationships between family. And more characters, I guess. Yeah, yeah, I know. Thor (the brother of Loki, if anyone has forgotten due to the fact that he is barely in this story...) should get more screen time because this is his movie, but hey, he'll be back next chapter so the plot can actually move a little more compared to how things are now.

If you haven't noticed, I REALLY suck at writing romance and lovey-dovey scenes, It is the same when it comes to my other works so the romance in Loki System is incredibly slow to the point that it looks almost non-existent.

By this point, I question if there will actually be a pairing by the end of this...

Oh well, I will work hard for the sake of everyone's enjoyment!

Now that, that's out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow!

3/1/19

~*~*~*~*~

The room was quiet, with a peaceful ambiance as Odin Allfather laid, sprawled out and tucked into his golden bed. Beside him was the gentle Frigga, his loyal wife and Allmother of Asgard.

As her husband continuously falls into his comas, it is within her right to fear that he will never wake. It brings her great relief when he does- however, this is perhaps the longest he has rested. Odin has held off his Odin Sleep for a long time. They have planned for him to slumber after Thor's coronation, but it was all for naught. Now with one son banished and another carrying the burden of a regent, she is afraid. Very afraid.

The burden of such fears, nonetheless, was also shouldered by Odin, despite his dormancy, as the old God still retains consciousness of the world outside his coma. It is also his right to carry the stress alongside his beloved, who watches over him dutifully.

Such love between this ancient affair of the heart, of the king and queen of Asgard, is not often noticed. But still, the harmony of what they share is strong. They both plan to grow old together. After so many years, they are still very much in love.

Perhaps what many would often forget about a story, is that there is history abound between characters who are not the central focal point of the tale. One would perhaps not remember the legendary liaison of the Allfather and Allmother. They were young, once. Brash and naive. And their courtship, even if forgotten by Asgard, is still a story held true within their hearts.

This deep passion is what encourages Odin to awaken no matter how many times he reaches his slumber. He wants to see the one he holds closest to his heart. His beloved wife.

A shift in the air alerts Frigga to her husband. While holding his hand, she looks at his face. The aged wrinkles did nothing to hide the handsome youth he once was. Oh, yes. She is still very much in love.

The air around them was changing, and Frigga could feel the prominiton. Joyful, a small smile was beginning to form on her pale face as she now excitedly waits for her dear husband to open his eyes.

There was a knock by the door.

"Mother."

Loki calls for her attention.

"Loki."

Just like that, Frigga drops her husband's hand like it was trash and quickly crosses the room to greet her (favorite) son.