III - butterflies

Guess who had time today at work and decided to do soemthing compeltely unrelated but productive? that's me! enjoy the fluff

-:-:-

                             It's hard to relax when someone is staring at you so intently; Jinyoung even has a hard time meeting Jaebeom's eyes because the older one seems too fascinated watching him.

"Do I have something on my face? Because otherwise you need to stop staring," Jinyoung snaps, not too hard, just too nervous.

"No, there's nothing, but you're just so pretty to look at," Jaebeom smirks, blushing a bit because he knows he's being lame and too buttery, yet Jinyoung still reacts, his cheeks bright red and lips tightly pressed together.

"You're lame," Jinyoung accuses, trying so hard to look unfazed, but his palms are sweating.

"If you don't wanna hear my lame lines, why don't you tell me more about yourself?" Jaebeom trades, grabbing one of the forks to take a bite of the cake. Jinyoung can't help following the movement and how his lips curl in a tiny satisfied smile. Jinyoung doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, but Jaebeom seems to really enjoy the cake and he's tempted to try it. "Do you want a bite?" the older offers, making a motion with his fork to share.

"I can grab a bite myself," Jinyoung replies, but it's as if Jaebeom doesn't listen and instead cuts a piece himself with the other clean fork and immediately offers it to Jinyoung.

The younger's eyes widen in surprise and embarrassment, he quickly looks around and to his horror, people are watching them (or maybe just Jaebeom, after all he is handsome enough to capture people's attention). He feels his cheeks burning brighter than ever and he wants to disappear in that moment, but Jaebeom has a soft smile on his face, kind eyes that show only good intentions; and Jinyoung is captured. Without thinking, he leans forward and accepts the piece the older is offering, pulling back quickly and tasting the cake. It's extremely sweet and not something he could eat in large portions (or even small portions), but it's delicious. However it's Jaebeom's satisfaction, the happiness that shines in his smile that make it taste even sweeter.

"Good?" Jaebeom asks as Jinyoung swallows the bite of cake.

"Yes," he replies, still looking into Jaebeom's eyes and finding so endearing the way his eyes disappear when he smiles bright and wide.

Where did this handsome stranger come from?

"So tell me," Jaebeom starts, taking another bite of cake, with the same fork he used, only that now he uses it to eat himself, and Jinyoung tries hard not to pay attention at how his lips wrap around the utensil that seconds before was in Jinyoung's mouth. "What do you do on your free time?"

"I haven't had much free time lately," Jinyoung replies. "Mostly walking, it's nice to do that."

"You like taking strolls, even when it's cold?" Jaebeom asks.

"It's not too cold, but it's not only for that." He shrugs. "After being in a coma for like six months, and being in physical therapy for other two more, it's just nice walking on my own."

Jinyoung doesn't know why he shares that, why his tone is dark and bitter when it's not like it's anyone's but his fault he was like that. Maybe it's that part of him that wants to sabotage everything that looks promising for him. Here he has, a handsome man clearly flirting with him, watching him as if he was the sunlight of his days for no good reason, and Jinyoung is babbling about the weird things in his life. Who would want to know as a first thing one was in a coma?

Yet, somehow, Jaebeom doesn't even seem startled. He doesn't even show concern or shock. Other people that have heard look sickly sympathetic and it makes Jinyoung somewhat angry, but Jaebeom only looks... understanding.