XVI - drunk

I wrote the chapter like two weeks ago but I've been busy. I adopted a cat (he's 4) and it's been difficult and I've been worried as hell. But today there's deployment again so here I am updating. I hope you enjot this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Bel, xx

_____________________

             "And that's how you are supposed to spin," Jinyoung finishes, both arm wide open to keep his balance but still tumbling and blinking slowly in an effort to keep Jaebeom in focus.

He just did his best interpretation of a triple spin in the middle of the street after leaving the restaurant, because he remembered that one class in modern dance he took when he was thirteen and thought that Jaebeom would totally want to see him doing the one move he could never do.

"Beautiful," Jaebeom comments, taking one step to grab the younger's man arm to stop him from falling on his bum. "But I think the dance lesson should come when you at least sober up."

"I am an excellent dancer when I'm drunk," Jinyoung mumbles, easily finding his place next to the other boy and walking together, completely leaning on Jaebeom for support.

"You didn't even drink one beer," the older boy laughs. "How can you be this drunk?"

"I haven't drunk in aaaaaaages!" Jinyoung replies. "Every sip counts for one beer. So I had six sips which means eight beers it makes sense I'm drunk."

Jaebeom laughs out loud at that and the display of perfect math skills Jinyoung is showing, but at least he is not annoyed and just looks amused, looking at Jinyoung with endearment.

"Let's get you to sober up so you can do math," Jaebeom proposes, looking everywhere for a convenience store, which is not a difficult task when there's one in almost every corner. "I can't take you home like this."

"No one will care at home," Jinyoung remarks, a bitter taste in his mouth that he is not sure if it comes from a warning that he's about to throw up, or just the resentment in the deep and dark corner of his heart.

It could be both.

Jaebeom doesn't reply to Jinyoung's words, instead he just wraps his arm around his waist and pulls him closer, which is really grounding for someone whose sight is very blurry at the moment.

They find a convenience store and while the older boy focuses on finding different things to get Jinyoung to sober up, the younger boy wanders through the store until he finds the sections of milk cartons. Without thinking he grabs a strawberry one and takes it to the cashier where Jaebeom is already ringing two cans of coffee and one of those herbal drinks that are great for hangover.

"You want strawberry milk?" Jaebeom asks when the other boy puts the product in front.

Shaking his head, Jinyoung replies. "No, this is for you."

"For me?" Jaebeom asks, staring intently into Jinyoung's eyes. "Why?"

"Because you love it and always drink it, hyung. It's your favourite and you look cute when you drink it."

The younger boy smiles so brightly, speaking nonsense because he's never seen Jaebeom drinking strawberry milk, and he has no idea why he's even blurting such thing, but Jaebeom looks shocked, frozen on the spot and if Jinyoung wasn't drunk he'd think the older boy is about to cry.

"You... how?" Jaebeom mumbles and Jinyoung only smiles broadly. "Do you... re—?"

"You always look cute, though," he interrupts, giggling and stepping close, just to lean his head on the other boy's head. Whatever he was about to ask gets buried in his mouth and he drops the subject, just paying for what the products before leading the younger boy to the outside tables to sit.