2,5k special Jaehyungparkian

"Hyung?"

This short word, only two syllables, manages to bring Jae's mind a little bit back into focus. This small age appreciation thing wasn't normalcy in their dynamic, in their relationship. Both of them had lived a good part of their lives without this cultural aspect and in private, they were used to call the other by their names, no honorifics needed. For Wonpil and Dowoon for example, to them it came as easy as breathing to call an elder friend hyung but it was more of a comfort and not every day thing for Jae and Younghyun.

In the end it was Korean and the culture that brought them here, brought them together so the honorifics were used to remind the other of their intertwined past and their shared future. And thinking of his love for the other man manages to distract Jae's mind enough from his tumbling thoughts and makes him focus on the man sitting next to him on the soft comforter, laying over their shared bed. When Younghyun is sure Jae is paying attention to his question, he asks again.

"Hyung are you overcompensating?"

"What..no. What does that even mean?"

Younghyun isn't quite sure if Jae is asking because he wants to avoid answering or because he really doesn't understand the word. Their whole conversation is in Korean, again a comfort thing from their past when Jae was insecure and still learning. And sophisticated vocabulary is still a thing Jae has problems with, sometimes when his mind is all messed up. Messed up like now. Younghyun smiles in understanding for Jae's condition and immediately switches to English to help Jae understand better. And to stop his bandmates from listening in and wanting to give helpful tips (in their opinion they were helpful, but they weren't really appreciated in a private conversation).

I have no idea how to finish this, so I'm sorry it's so short.

But this little drabble means a lot to me personally because I struggle with language problems as well :) I'm so glad people enjoy my stories, stories not in my native language. I appreciate all your kind words and compliments soooo much!

I love you all, hope you enjoyed this special (almost 1,2k Reads to late 😥)

Love F.🖤