Chapter 24: Heckling a Heckler

Sorry for not updating on Monday! I've been distracted with school and another book I'm working on, which has it's first chapter up now! It's a rewrite of A New Life, it's called Oncoming Storm

-Sin
______________

The next match was two Class A students against each other. Bakugo and Uraraka. Kula knew more about Bakugo than she did of Uraraka, so, she assumed that the explosive boy wasn't going to go easy with the fight just because she was a girl, and he would fight her depending on her actual ability.

"The eighth and Final match of the first round of matches!" Present Mic announced as the two student's walked up to the stage. "He was kind of a hotshot in middle school and with a face only a mother could love— from the hero course, Bakugo Katsuki! Vs. The one I'm personally rooting for, also from class 1-A Ochako Uraraka! Let the match— start!"

The fight was intense, to say the least. Once it started, the match consisted of Uraraka trying to get close to Bakugo and Bakugo counter attacking with explosions. Though about ten minutes into the match, a hero from the crowd started shouting, heckling Bakugo for how he was fighting.

"This is shameful! Listen kid, you really wanna be a hero? Then stop acting like a bully! If you're so good than just send her out of bounds! Stop toying with the girl and end this match!"

"Yeah! You heard the guy!" Another hero exclaimed, which lead most of the people in the crowd to start booing Bakugo. And despite the fact that Kula could care less for the explosive hedgehog, heckling someone at a school tournament where they have to fight each other was wrong. Quietly, she turned to Mei and motioned for her microphone.

"Whatcha going to do?" Mei asked, handing the microphone to Kula, who placed her finger on the power button.

"I'm going to make these guys realize how stupid they are." She flicked on the microphone and stood up. "Hey! You in the crowd who started this shit!" She shouted, her voice echoing around the stadium. "You really need to rethink your life decisions! I can see by your costume that you're a pro, and who the fuck would allow someone like you, someone who would so willingly heckle someone for giving it their all at a School Festival, become a hero?"

By now, the crowd was silent, and almost everyone was looking at her in shock— after all, she was just a Support Course student.

"So do everyone a favor and go hoe to hang up your cape! The world doesn't need a hero like you who just assumes the worst of someone before getting to know the entire situation! So maybe you should re-examine your career choice." With that, she turned off the microphone and sat back down, ignoring all the eyes that were still on her.

"Well, that was a speech from Miss Saito in the Support Course." Present Mic said, seeming to recovered from his shock.

"That was... so badass!" Mika said, looking at Kula with shining eyes. "Damn, I knew you had guts but I didn't expect you to do something like that!"

"Yeah, well. That hero was just too stupid to see what was right in front of him." She pointed to the sky with a smile, "Or I guess, what was right above him."

Both Mika and Kishi looked up into the sky, both of them showing shock at what they saw. Over the stadium rubble and rocks were floating peacefully, until they were all sent down straight towards Bakugo.

Kula watched as Bakugo blew them all up with one giant explosion, sending Uraraka back with the shockwave from the blast. His sheer amount of power was extremely frightening to Kula. Getting over her shock, Kula watched as Uraraka tried to get up, only to fall to the ground, defeated.

"Uraraka is down!" Present Mic shouted.

Uraraka tried to crawl towards Bakugo before she stopped, and Kula watched as Midnight walked up to her, placing a hand on the girl, as if comforting her.

"Uraraka is K.Oed. Bakugo advances to the second round!" Midnight announced.

"And that's it for the first round! Let's try to forget that depressing outcome, with that, the first round is complete! We're taking a jock break and then we're back with ore matches!"

The fight was intense, and Kula only had one thing running through her mind. If she got to the finals, she might have to go against him herself.