Playlist Breakdown: Claire

Anyone who knows me knows how much I ADORE making character playlists

Anyone who knows me knows how much I ADORE making character playlists. It's an intrinsic part of the story making process for me. So I wanted to take the time to breakdown my playlists. A playlist breakdown is exactly what it sounds like. I'll post each song in a characters playlist and talk a bit about why I picked the song/what specific lyrics stand out to me as the most "Them"

I'm going to start with Claire and Hadyn, then I'll move on to Maggie, Elle, and Kindle. After that if there's any playlist you're interested in learning about, just drop a character name here.

I'm doing this now because it's slow at work so I want to do something, but not slow enough for me to comfortably work on actual writing.

__________

PLAYLIST TITLE: Hate To Burst Your Bubble
__________

SONG ONE: Bravado by Lorde

Reason:  This song is a perfect representation of Claire's life as a member of the Kishori family and all the expectations placed on her since childhood.

Selected Lyrics: 
Cause I was raised up
to be admired, to be noticed.
But when you're withdrawn,
it's the closest thing to assault
when all eyes are on you.
This will not do.

_____

SONG TWO: Iscariot by The Vassar Devils

Reason: This is my favorite song on Claire's playlist. It does a wonderful job illustrating Claire's dynamic with her brothers, especially Keenan. There are two songs for Claire and her brothers on her playlist, but this song is mostly to showcase the more negative aspects of the relationships. This song is originally by Walk The Moon, but the Vassar Devil's version is on the playlist because there's a rawness to it that just fits better.

Selected Lyrics: 
Until now, I knew this of myself:
That if you had thrown yourself down
into the lion's den
my brother, I'd follow you in.
...
I never imagined you dead (I never)
But tell me, are you even aware
that all that we did, you undo?
Iscariot, you fool.
_____

SONG THREE: Worth the Wait by Milo Greene

Reason: This is probably the most Claire song on the entire playlist. It talks about how she is her own biggest obstacle, both to happiness and success. Her own fear of failure keeps her from really trying. She needs to get out of her own head before she'll start making progress.

Selected Lyrics: 
I could be on my way,
if I could only get out of my way.
Maybe then it'd be easy.
Oh, all they ever tell you is it's gonna be hard.
Get out, get out right now.
Get out, get out.