Playlist Breakdown: Hadyn

A playlist breakdown is exactly what it sounds like

A playlist breakdown is exactly what it sounds like. I'll post each song in a characters playlist and talk a bit about why I picked the song/what specific lyrics stand out to me as the most "Them"

If there's any playlist you're interested in learning about, just drop a character name here.

I'm doing this now because once again it's slow at work so I want to do something, but not slow enough for me to comfortably work on actual writing.

__________

PLAYLIST TITLE: Helion's Hellion
__________

SONG ONE: Raise Hell by Dorothy

Reason: Hadyn, my beautiful demon child, likes to be a rebel just to be a rebel. She started smoking because it made her parents mad, she went to Avia because it made her parents mad, she rejected the Awakening because it made her parents mad... And not because she has anything against her parents. She loves them a lot. She just very much lives by her own rules. Also, some aspects of this song are kind of literal in later books lol.

Selected Lyrics:
Young blood, run like a river.
Young blood, never get chained.
Young blood, heaven need a sinner,
you can't raise hell with a saint.

_____

SONG TWO: Sylvia by Autoheart

Reason: This song is a perfect perfect perfect Hadyn and Sylva song, and it's really funny to me that the title is just one letter away from Sylva's name (I briefly considered changing her name to fit better but thought against it.)

Selected Lyrics:
Here we go, a team so formidible
They can try to separate us but they will fail.
We are gold and bright and happy in the night.
You and I, we're dancing fireworks.

_____

SONG THREE: Liar and the Lighter by Gabrielle Aplin

Reason: For so many reasons, this is a Hadyn song. She's the definition of fight or flight, in a way I'll expand on with track six of her playlist. But basically, as confident as Hadyn plays (and in many ways truly is) she is scared, always. Like a bird in a cage who's never been outside it.

Selected Lyrics:

Oh maybe someday I will be something more.
Real with arms and legs so I can walk away.
And stay away forever and some more.
.....

I'll stick around to watch this town fall down to it's knees,
You can pray the day that you hope is coming round real soon.
I will run and stay away in a place that I don't know well of.
You can chose a different song that you will soon love.