Zantrax Academy

We soon arrived at the Academy. Alex (blondie) and his dragon, whose name I learnt was Storm, an imaginative name I know, swooped down and landed in the courtyard alongside Blue hair, who was called Aria, and Night Dragon rider who was called Callum. The courtyard was massive, stables lining either side and fields beyond that. The massive main area of the academy was at the back of the courtyard, a great stone door into the entrance hall, and massive towers. There were buildings dotted around the fields, and the stone courtyard looked like the main area, it was the training area as well, so the courtyard was pretty massive. When we landed there were already around 16 students there, alongside 12 older dragon riders. We jumped off our dragons and were told to go and join the other students. We walked over and saying goodbye to the dragon riders and met up with the other students. I walked up to a group of girls.

"Hi. I'm Elia and this is Zara."

"Hi. I'm Charlotte, but call me Charlie. This is Athena and this is Kiera." A girl with dark auburn hair said, pointing at Athena with light blonde hair, and Kiera with dark brown hair. We talked for a bit discussing our powers and our villages. I had asked Zara beforehand not to say I had three powers, but we did end up telling them what village we were from. They all looked at us with respect and told us they were from Merrystone, the second strongest. We found out that the students here were from our village, Merrystone, Forestgreen, Vicalya and Tribeston. The three strongest villages were ours, Merrystone and Vicalya, so they had done well. In the end, I told them I was a rider and Elemental, just not the vampire bit. We became quite good friends in those 20 minutes.

"ATTENTION! ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES!" Alex shouted at us. Nobody listened. His dragon let out an ear-shattering roar, and the talking stopped abruptly. 

"Thank you. Right. Welcome to Zantrax academy. I introduce to you, The Headmaster!" He said, stepping back to allow the Headmaster up. He was a tall man with dark silver hair that went down to his shoulders. He had piercing brown eyes and looked over all of us. He was wearing a long black cloak.

"Thank you, Alex. So you all have probably heard the rumours. Zantrax is brutal, tough and hard working. Well, they are not rumours. We didn't become a top academy by being weak. We will push you to become your best here, and the best you will become. But other than that, Welcome to Zantrax. The villages we have here today, in case you don't know already are Weatherstorm, Merrystone, Vicalya, Forestgreen and Tribeston. There are 20 new students, 8 girls and 12 boys. You will receive your dragons shortly, and then be shown to your dorm rooms and receive your timetables along with any other further rules or instructions from the leaders, who I will be introducing shortly. Tomorrow you will get your mentors, they will have similar powers to you, and help you train your dragons and your powers. You will also have lessons the day after tomorrow, some that are related to dragons and some that are normal educational ones. Here are your 4 leaders, we will be splitting your into 4 groups just for today. We have Alex, Jason, Danielle and Mia. Thank you, and goodbye." The headmaster then just disappeared into thin air. Excitement ran through me as I heard my brothers name.

"Right." Alex was on stage again "We will select you from the crowd, as we don't know your names yet. Okay so, Mia, Danielle, Jason, Me?" He said looking to the others. Two girls, probably Mia and Danielle, twins, both with light brown hair and dark brown eyes nodded. And someone in the shadows nodded too, I hoped apprehensively that it was my brother. 

"Okay, we're just gonna give you a number, and you will go to that group." Alex walked through the crowd giving random numbers. He got to me, winked at me and gave me and Zara a three. I don't know if he winked because he put us together, or because of who he put us with. I walked over to where a group of three boys were standing, I saw that Zane was also in that group. As I walked over I heard a whistle. A sharp call. One I knew all too well. I returned it, looking around the courtyard for him. A few people were watching at that point. Then I think I saw him. He was looking towards me standing in the shadows still. He walked out and I saw him. My brother. Standing there, taller, stronger, but still with that dark brown hair and those green eyes I could recognise him anywhere. He was looking towards me with tears in his eyes. 

"Elia..." I saw him mouth silently. Still looking towards me, in disbelief and love. 

"Jason..."