1

(First two chapter will be pretty much the same as the one shot apart from tiny changes here and there)

Your POV

"You don't have to wait up for me for dinner tonight. We're running an important project right now, so I'd probably be working overtime." Camila quickly put on her heels and checked her make up one last time before frantically searching for her keys.

Just when I wanted to complain, she gave me chaste peck to shut my mouth. "Sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you later, but I gotta go now. Bye."

I didn't even have the time to reply to that and she's already out of the apartment.

She's always working late lately. And even though I'm an overthinker at times, it's obvious that that's just a lame ass excuse now. It's hard to believe for an office to be this busy. I mean, seriously? She's been working overtime at least twice a week, for almost half of a fucking year now. I won't say she's doing something bad behind my back, but she's definitely hiding something from me.

We've been dating for about six years now. The first years were great, we were still in college back then and also a lot younger and more naive. I'm not saying we're old right now, but I guess you can say we've emotionally grown up more. And so did our relationship. It has matured and grown apart. After we graduated from college, I somehow became a freelance home-based architect while Camila applied for some big ass company. Everything was fine, until last year, she suddenly acted more distant and that's also when the extra working hours came. Our conversation became shorter and shorter, we barely hang out anymore and if we do, we'll just do our separate thing.

If this was some kind of TV drama soap, I'd say that the girl is cheating behind her partner's back or doing some illegal stuff or something. But this is my life, and I don't know if that's exactly the same as the episodes playing on the screen or the chapters in novels.

-

*New message*

I put down the book I was reading and searched for the source of the sound. It was from Camila's phone and she's was in the shower. "Babe, someone texted you!"

Of course, she wouldn't be able to hear me over the music blasting through her speakers. Sighing to myself, I decided to leave it alone, but then her phone pinged again.

"Mila, someone texted you twice!" It could be for something urgent, I don't know, maybe she'll have to respond to it soon.

"I heard you! Can you check it for me?" she shouted back from the bathroom.

I unlocked her phone and recognized the contact name as a colleague of her's.

Alex: You free tonight?

Alex: Oh wait never mind

That doesn't really sound like some coworker's talk to me. Maybe it's just my jealousy messing with me, but it looks like he was gonna ask her out on a date or something. I unconsciously scrolled up to the previous conversations and saw that they've texted a lot or well, he texted her a lot.

Alex: Where are you?

You: hold your pants

You: im on my way right now

-

Alex: The conference room is free at the moment, you joining?

-

Alex: Its room 321

Alex: You can ask the card by the reception or just knock

-