8

Narrator's POV

A month has passed by since the breakup happened.

It won't be an exaggeration to say that that month felt even longer than the first three the brunette had spent alone. At least for Camila then. For Y/N, it kinda felt the same as the previous time except that she hadn't bothered to check up on the brunette or ask anyone else to do it for her anymore.

She was now on her 30th week of pregnancy (about 8 months in other words). And every day felt a little less bearable than the previous one without the Y/E/C-eyed girl by her side.

In the place of Y/N, Dinah sorta moved into their apartment and tried to be there for her best friend as best as she could. Obviously, Camila didn't make it easier for the Polynesian. Days were spent with the brunette either crying on the couch or hiding in the bedroom. (Lucky for her, she was now on her parental leave, otherwise she really would've gotten herself fired.)

Unlike the last time, all of Y/N's stuff was still sprawled out over the whole place. It gave Camila the feeling that the Y/E/C-eyed girl could walk into their apartment again at any time, no matter how unbelievable that sounded.

Camila went to pick up the hoodie she's left on the bed that morning and hugged it tightly against her chest. It was Y/N's. The one she's last worn before she left. Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered the way Y/N was acting that night, she's never seen her acting so passively aggressive towards her.

And then... then she kissed the girl that was sitting next to her in the car.

The brunette knew that she had no right to feel... anything because of it. She did it first. Y/N was just giving her a taste of her own medicine, well, in a way. But still, she couldn't help the sadness and jealousy bubble up inside her whenever that scene replayed itself in her mind. Was that kiss just one out of anger or was she really interested in the boss' secretary? Did they sleep together? Is she the one who's sharing the same bed as Y/N every night now? Had she been replaced by her or... or anyone else?

Camila hugged the hoodie even closer to herself. Y/N's scent on it was slowly but surely fading away and being replaced by her own, and there was nothing she can do about it. Just like that there is nothing she can do to make the Y/E/C-eyed girl come back.

She covered her mouth with her other hand as she cried, muffling her sobs down with it. She didn't want Dinah to worry even more about her than she already does.

If she didn't give in to Alex that night, none of this would've happened.

She had no one to blame but herself.

"Camila..." An all too familiar voice called out just as she was going to turn off the desk lamp and return to the party.

The brunette felt a chill run down her spine at that voice but still hasn't turned around to face him. He's cut her off for good already. What does he want now? There were a few ideas coming to Camila's mind, but even just the thought of them was already scaring her.

Footsteps approached her before a hand got placed on her shoulder.

She shrugged his hand off of her. "What do you want, Alex?" she asked as calmly as possible.

He took a step back, giving her the space to turn around and gave her a small smile. "I just wanted to apologize."

Slowly glancing up at Camila, he saw that she doesn't seem too oppose of his presence now, so he closed in on her again. "I'm sorry, Camila," he said as he placed his hand on her jaw, caressing her cheek gently. "I know I shouldn't have left you just like that, but... when you told me that you were having my child, I just... I got scared."