13. Chicken soup

"Hades!" I banged my fist on his door, carefully balancing a tray with a bowl on the other hand

"Hades!" I banged my fist on his door, carefully balancing a tray with a bowl on the other hand. The door clicked open on its own. "I'm coming in!"

I walked inside as the door closed behind me. "Hades?" I called into the empty room. Well, room wasn't the word I should have used. His living chamber was bigger than the amphitheatre, training room and five of my rooms combined. The bed was wide enough to fit twenty people in a row.

I jumped and pulled out my dagger with my free hand as I heard a door open behind me.

It was Hades. Walking out of the shower. With nothing on except a towel.

I quickly turned around. "Put on some clothes, man," I exclaimed as I tried to shake the image of his body out of my mind and hoped that I wasn't blushing.

"I have a towel on, geez." He spoke behind me. "Don't act like you haven't seen a man naked before."

"That's not the point," I muttered still facing away from him.

"Why are you here?" He asked as I heard a clink of metal like he was taking out a cloth hanger.

"What do you mean? You called for me." I replied.

"But that was an hour ago." He replied.

"I came as soon as I got the message," I replied.

"I should fire the messenger then. What if I was dying?" He said.

"Then your message would have said "I'm dying", not "bring me chicken soup"," I replied. "Plus, if you were dying, trust me there isn't much I can do to help."

Hades chuckled. "You can turn around now."

I did and placed the chicken soup on his bedside table. "Why did you ask for me? I'm sure the messenger himself or one of the cooks could have brought you the soup."

"I needed to talk to you about Apollo." He replied as he removed the foil on top of the bowl while sitting on the bed beside the table.

"What about him?" I asked as I stood at the end of the bed.

Hades had a spoon of the hot soup. He turned and looked at me right in the eye. "Well, he seems to have taken an interest in you."

I showed no expression as I continued looking at him. "And you're going to advise me to stay away from him?"

Hades had another spoon of the soup before replying. "On the contrary, I'm going to ask you to spend more time with him."

I smirked. "You want me to spy for you."

Hades slowly nodded his head. "Apollo claims he has seen one possible future and that I play a huge role in the massacre of thousands. I don't believe him. I haven't even been to earth in a hundred years and I don't think I will anytime soon."

"Why would he lie?" I asked as I leaned against the wall behind me.

"Apollo wouldn't lie on purpose, but his visions aren't trustworthy. I know from experience." He looked away as a face immediately turned grim.

"If you're sure he's not lying to you, what am I supposed to do?" I asked back, confused about my mission.

"If Apollo trusts you enough, he will show you his vision. Then I'll hear it from your point of view. Someone I trust."

Someone he trusts. Ansel was right. Once Hades trusted me, he made me do the dirty work.

I didn't really have a problem with doing it. However, I was still wary. I used to hate my trust issues. But there, the trust issues are the main thing that will aid my survival.

"Good luck." Hades wished me as I left the room.

I walked to my room, thinking. How in the bloody pigeon's shit am I supposed to make a God trust me?

 How in the bloody pigeon's shit am I supposed to make a God trust me?

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!