14. I fight Rudolph and his reindeers

I looked outside the window in the corridor as I walked towards my room

In a weird sort of way, it was kind of calming. Unlike the mornings, you couldn't hear the screams of the punished souls or the screeches of the various birds that lived there.

It was almost as if the palace blocked out the noise at night so that the warriors may sleep.

Luckily for me, I was never creeped out by bones or skulls. If you are, I would suggest not dying.

Hades' room was on the third floor, right beside the library. There was another room on that floor but it was locked from the outside and didn't seem like it was being used.

I had reached my floor when I heard whispers. A few of the warriors were sitting in the courtyard. I ignored them and continued walking to my room. I felt their eyes land on me. They were the men that were sitting beside the guy who touched me. The guy who died.

Also, one of them still had a red nose from when I broke it during combat practice.

I have never been good at remembering names so I made up names for people. There were three men.

One was The Monster. He was the tallest person I have ever seen. About seven feet tall. The second one, I named Albert. I don't know why but I'm sure that isn't his name. The third one was the one I punched in the face. I called him Rudolph. You know why.

Great. Now, "Rudolph the red nose reindeer" is stuck in my head.

They stood up and began walking towards me. My hand slowly made its way to my dagger.

"You're the bitch that got Geoffrey killed." The monster growled as they blocked me from moving ahead.

"If you don't move, I will be the bitch who caused four dead warriors," I replied gritting my teeth.

Rudolph waved his hand at the other two. They caught hold of my arms and pushed me against the wall. My dagger was in my hand but between me and the wall. Rudolph smirked at me.

"Back in my days, women only did what men needed them to do. Make food and wash clothes." He began as he twirled his knife in his hand. The Monster grunted beside me. "Yes...yes...women were also pretty important at night once the men came back from a hard day of work."

Albert chuckled beside me. "I wouldn't have minded having you after a hard day of work."

I grit my teeth to stop myself from snapping back. Rudolph walked forward and ripped off my top button with his knife.

"I wouldn't have either." He said as he ripped off another. "But...come on, men...do you really want to give her the pleasure?"

The men chuckled. Their grip weakened a little when they realised I wasn't fighting back.

"But on the other hand, I have always wondered why the lord of the underworld gave special attention to you. So I think I am going to find out." He continued as he ripped off another button, leaving my undergarments in display.

The grip on my arms weakened more.

"Nice bo-" The monster never finished the sentence as a dagger cut through his face. I pulled my hands away from Albert - I really had to change their names - and slashed my knife across his chest. It didn't cut too deep but enough for him to stagger back.

Rudolph pushed me back on the wall again. I gripped my knife tighter as I aimed for his chest. But then I let my hand go slack.

As I caught a glimpse of golden hair moving in my direction.

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)