Pageant: act 2

Akia's snung in a dark red dress. It's simple and comfortable as she looks at herself in the mirror. She's bloated that much was sure, from not only from the pregnancy but from the crying and strangling as well.
The women decorated her eyebrows, eyelids and lips wrapped a pretty silk scarf around her neck and hair.

Akia's led by guards to the place's giant open entertainment space. The space was built for entertaining the previous king who liked to watch men beat each other to dead in the name of battle.

Akia is early and is placed near the king and queen's throne to her surprise.

The stage has already been decorated with bright large candles and trinkets.

The king walks in, Akia bows but he doesn't acknowledge her. Doesn't even look at her. The sick feeling settles in her guts again.

The queen follows suit. Her dress is breathtaking and the pale white silk robes she wore made it even more elegant. The crown she wore today was different. It was much larger. Made out of pure gold and Covered by emeralds that complimented her dress.

Before the pageant even begun it was obvious that she was the most beautiful woman in the palace.

The king smiled as she bowed to him in greeting.

"Should I shut down the pageant now, I think I decided my winner." The king said and the audience of palace maids surrounding the Area around the pedestal awed loudly.

"At least pretend to play fairly, my king."

"I've never seen a woman prettier than you." The king said and the queen visibly reddened.

Akia stifled.
"Court lady nam?" She calls out upon seeing the woman passing by with the palace kitchen staff meant to distribute snacks during the evening.
"Yes, Lady Akialine." The court lady said walking to the pedestal.
"I'm starving. Can I have some of the snacks?"
"Of course, my lady what would you like."

"Can I have the sugary popcorn, the chocolate, can I get the milk one and the dark one. Do you have plantain chips as well?"
"Yes."
"Can I have those too, wait are they salted?"
"Yes my lady."
"Do you have any grape juice?"
"Yes my lady."
"Can I have that too."

"Is there anything else?"
"Do you have any cakes?"
"They're still being made."
"Can I have some of that when it's been made?"
"You can have anything you want my lady."

"That's it, thank you."

The court lady turns to the king and queen and bows.
"Anything for you your majesties."
"Just wine. You have quite a bit on your hands already." The king said and the queen chuckled.

"I thought you were watching your weight Akialine."
"Im sorry if you misunderstood me my queen. I never said I was watching my weight, watching my weight now would be a waste of time considering the fact that I'll be getting bigger anyway."
"Baby weight and plain corpulence are very different things." The queen said and Akia looks away, embarrassed. The king toned out the conversation when Akia got involved turning to talk to a general who sat on his side.

The show was about to get started when a man approached Akia. He's holding a bouquet of flowers.

He greets the king and the queen first and then turns to Akia.
"These are for you my lady, I hope you have a fruitful pregnancy." The man said and gives Akia the flowers. Akia thank him. She's grateful looking at the snowdrops.
"Thank you. I wish I could give you something in return." She said and the man shakes his head.
"Your appreciation is enough. Bless the sun king." The man said before bowing to the king and queen once more.