Chapter 4

I stared at Josh. He looked back at me.

"Are you going to say anything?" He asks, suddenly concerned.

I hesitated for a moment before opening my mouth. "Mr. Dun-"

"Josh, it's just Josh. Please don't call me Mr. Dun or any of that bullshit."

I will not stop. Once I say his name I'm attached and screwed forever.

"My life is now here. I can't just pack up everything and leave. Especially for you. That's not going to happen." I shook my head softly. "So please just, let go of me, and we can resume back to our normal lives. I'm fine with how things are without you. I'm happy."

The last few words I forced out. Of course none of it was true. I'm not fine with how things are without him. He doesn't know about Arina, and I hope he never will, but raising a child by yourself is no joke and it's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. And as happy as I try to be, no one knows I have nights where I cry myself to sleep. Because I missed the life I used to have as well.

I examined Josh as he processed what I had just said. And I felt anger and sorrow roll off of him in waves.

"I don't care how happy you are here, you're coming back with me and you'll learn to be happy back with my pack."

I struggled in his hold again. "You asshole!"

He started to lead me out of my house and into the front yard.

"You're coming back with me, whether you like it or not." Josh growled.

He lead me to his black car, until I remembered.

I struggled even more. "Wait! Wait I need to-"

"No. You're not needing to get anything and you're coming with me."

I rolled my eyes and continued to fight against him

We were almost to his car. I shut my eyes for a moment. Well, screw all my previous plans.

"Arina!" I tried to turn back to my car in the driveway.

"Arina?" Josh questioned, clearly stunned as to why I'm calling a name.

"Yes Arina. My daughter is in my car. If you're forcing me to go just let me go get her." I snapped.

Josh let go of me, besides my wrist. I glared at him. "What? Just making sure you don't get in your car to drive away and this is all a joke."

I huffed but said nothing, and led him to my car without any choice. I opened the car door and saw a teary eyed Arina.

"Mommy, who's that man?" She asked.

"No one pumpkin, we just need to go with him for right now, okay? Everything will be fine." I tried to calm her down.

"Let go of my wrist, I have to get her out of the car seat and I need to carry her." I turn back to Josh, who was wide eyed at the sight of Arina.

To be fair, Arina looked like a female copy of Josh. The resemblance was uncanny.

He left go of my wrist, eyes still on my daughter. Technically, our daughter. But he doesn't deserve that title.

I quickly unbuckled Arina and she latched onto me. I held her close as I closed the door and turned back to my stunned mate.

Ugh, mate.

"Are you gonna lead the way or are you just going to stare at my kid?" I mumbled.

Josh seemed to snap out of it and put on a cold demeanor.

"Let's go." Was all he said as he put an arm on back as if to say 'don't think you can run.'

He opened his car door and I carefully got in, shielding Arina's head so I don't accidentally hurt her.

Josh shuts the door and goes around to the drivers side, and gets in to start the car.

———

We've been driving for about three hours now. No one has spoken a word, and the radio just silently plays to lessen the awkward tension.

Arina had fallen asleep about an hour into the drive, so now I just watch as trees become a blur.

"Is she mine?"

I looked over to see a conflicted Josh.

"No, she's mine." I respond.

"Tyler, I'm serious. It takes two to create a person. Is she mine?"

I raise an eyebrow at his tone. It's not angry, or confused, it's more-so broken.

I just sigh and look back out the window.

"Answer the question."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because now isn't the time."

"Well when was the time, Tyler? Because it would have been better four years ago." Arina stirred in my lap at Josh's rising voice.

"She's asleep in my lap right now, and I don't want her to wake up in the middle of that discussion." I respond.

"Does she not know about me then?" He asks, almost offended.

"The only person that knows about you and our relationship was Dallon. And quite frankly, I feel betrayed he allowed me to be in that board room with you." I snap.

"I'm quite thankful for that, because I now have you."

"Can we stop with the 'I found you' shit?" I exclaim

"Can we stop with the 'let me go' shit?" He retorts.

"If you want me to stop saying that then here's an idea, let me go?" I sass back.

He shakes his head. "We're almost at the pack house. So we aren't going back now."

I roll my eyes.

"Your family misses you. I'm not just taking you back for my benefit. I hope you know that." He softly tells me.

"I know. I've been in contact with them." I tell him.

"Do they know about Alina?"

"It's Arina. Ah-re-nah. Not Alina. What the fuck is an Alina?" I snort.

"What the fuck is an Arina?" Josh asks.

"It's Slavic. Her name means peace, which is what she brought me when I had her." I look down at Arina. Her cute lips were slightly parted and her nose crinkled up from time to time.

"Hate to break you out of your admiring, but we're here."

I look up and see the most nostalgic place to me.

The pack house.