Chapter 26

Usually after people get engaged, they can't stop staring at the ring.

But me, I couldn't stop staring at Josh.

It was the celebration part of the Luna Ceremony. Everyone was either eating at a table or dancing. I sat at the main table with Josh, and sometimes I would smile and watch Arina dance with her aunts and uncles.

"Are you ok ty?" Josh looked at me.

I nodded and smiled.

He chuckled. "You keep staring at me."

I nodded again.

"Why stare at me when you can watch Arina?" His tone was humorous.

"Because I love you." I said simply.

He took my left hand and brought it to his lips, gently pressing them to the back of my hand.

"And I love you, fiancé ." He said wholeheartedly.

And just when I thought my smile couldn't get any bigger, the sound of him saying 'fiancé' made everything so much better.

Goddess how did I still have him, even after everything we've been through?

He put down my hand and looked back to the dance floor, watching my brother Jay pick Arina up and twirl her around in the air.

I look at the ring, and I'm so in love with the blue opal.

"Josh?"

"Hm?" He looks at me again.

"Why a blue opal? It's stunning and I love it, I just want to know why you chose it?" I move my right hand to hold onto the ring on my left ring finger.

"Two reasons. Opal is the birthstone for October. Arina is born in October, so it resembles her. And I chose a blue opal because it reminds me, and hopefully now you, of the blue moon pack." He explains.

I look down at the ring one last time.

"Well I love it. Thank you Josh." I whisper.

He leans in and kisses me. It's not anything rough or passionate. It's gentle, and it easily tells us how much we love each other.

Tonight is perfect.

———

I'm straddling Josh, and we are making out like we can't get enough of each other.

His hands unbutton my shirt and he slides it off of my shoulders.

Before I could do the same, the phone rings, and Josh separates.

He picks up the phone, but I continue and attack his neck.

"Hello?"

Silence.

"What?"

I stop kissing his neck and perk up at the serious tone of the call.

"How did that happen?" Josh asks into the phone.

Silence.

"How early do I need to be there?"

He makes eye contact with me, and I look at him confused.

"Alright. I'll be there soon." Josh hangs up the phone.

"What was that about?" I tilt my head in confusion.

He moves me off of his lap, and gets up to get changed into something less formal.

"Someone hacked into the main servers for my company. All the servers are down and I need to be there as soon as possible to see what we can do to get things back up." He redoes his messy-ish hair to make it look less like he was just in an intense makeout session.