Chapter 19

After Jenna and Dallon left to stay somewhere else with Brendon, me and Josh cuddled up on the couch.

We put on a movie and fell asleep in each other's arms.

———

The sun pretty much burning into my eyes woke me up. I felt like I had gotten the best sleep in a while.

I felt a heavy arm keeping me in place. I look down and I see josh's hand rests on my tiny baby bump.

I start panicking, wondering the worst, which is if he can feel it.

I slowly lift his arm off of me and release myself from his hold. I walk silently to the bathroom and shut the door. I take a breath of relief, but that doesn't last long as a wave of nausea hits me, and I rush to the toilet.

My sickness must have woken Josh up, because I failed to notice when he tapped on the bathroom door and called my name.

I didn't know he came into the bathroom until I felt his hands rubbing my back. I felt him blow on the back of my neck gently in attempts to cool down my body.

After I think I'm done, I groan and lean into him.

He softly pushes my hair away from my face and rubs my arms.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I nod. "I'm alright now, thank you." I slowly let him help me up, and I flush the toilet. He hands me my toothbrush and toothpaste, and I gratefully take them and brush the gross taste of bile out of my mouth.

Josh pulls me into a hug after I finish and he kisses my forehead.

"Let me make you some breakfast while you shower." He suggests, and lets me go.

I nod and go to my room to pick out some clothes to wear for the day.

I go into my personal bathroom and lock the door and start warming up the shower. I carefully take off my clothes, and look at myself in the mirror. I see the slightest rise of a bump. You wouldn't be able to tell I had one unless you really looked closely. I put my hand on it, and it felt firm. It was different from the rest of my body.

Dropping my hand, I smile and get into the shower.

———

Gently rubbing a towel through my hair, I walk out and see a plate of my favorite waffles on the counter.

I smile and run to Josh excitedly. He notices me right on time and catches me in a hug.

"Your waffles are my favorite." I tell him.

I feel his chest vibrate as he hums. "So I've been told."

I stand up on my tip toes and quickly kiss him.

"I'm going to go wake up Arina." I whisper against his lips.

He nods and lets me go, and goes back to making his waffles.

I go to Arina's room and gently knock on her door. I open it slowly and it's just in time as I see Arina open her eyes.

I go over to her and she sits up. I kiss her on the head, and she climbs into my arms.

"Good morning pumpkin."

"Morning mommy." She mumbles.

"I have a surprise for you in the kitchen."

Arina takes her head out of my shoulder and smiles. "Really?"

I nod. "Let's go see what your surprise is, shall we?" I keep her in my arms and walk into the kitchen.